'13 Tesla Model S Opti-Coated

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by maxepr1, Jan 15, 2013.

1. maxepr1

maxepr1 Jedi Nuba

Customer of mine has been telling me for along time about his Tesla coming soon but had no idea it would end up being 3 years! Well he calls me up New Years day to tell me it's on its way! Delivered to his home on Jan. 4 in the evening he couldn't really examine it good. He brought it to me few days later to look at it and take it for a spin! Metallic Blue is the color and tracers and RIDS all over it! Damaged chrome trim and chips and dents in the drivers rear quarter/bumper area! He opted for a full correction and Opti-Coat. After taking some paint readings and consulting with ScottWax, we set a date to get after it! Paint was actually pretty soft and fairly easy to correct, but I had readings in the mid 60's in spots, I knew this wasn't going to get fully corrected. After telling my client the bad news he said just do what you can. So here we go! When the car arrived it was raining and it was supposed to get cold so I took no wash pictures. Not much really to see.

Sonax FE on the rims
    Dawn wash/ Iron X treatment
    Clay magic
    Flex OPT MF Polishing Pad and OPT HP
    Flex OPT MF Polishing Pad and 106FA on the heavier spots
    Opti-Coat
    A pillars looked like this
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Found bristles stuck around the car tapped in different area's! I still don't know why 100K+ cars go through tunnel washes before leaving the factory??
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Huge hatch area!
    [​IMG]
    Interior just needed a basic wipedown nothing fancy. Very simple clean with a large 17" monitor.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Damage in a 12" area, looks like salt truck damage? 30-40 dents and chips in a 1 foot area.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Panoramic roof option
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. blongo804

blongo804 DB Forum Supporter

Wooooooow. Awesome turn out and such a beautiful car!!

3. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

I saw a few of these in Palo Alto the other day, man its slick looking car, even better when properly cared for as obvious in this thread!

4. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

wtf? salt damage and all those scratches in a brand new car?

nice save, but the owner should really bring this up to the dealer.

5. kakeuter

kakeuter DB Forum Supporter

Great work!

-Kody-

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Looks fantastic!

7. maxepr1

maxepr1 Jedi Nuba

Thank you Sir!
    Thank you! They do have a mean stance!
    Thanks! Not sure what caused it? It's delivered to the customers home in an enclosed truck. Paper was removed by my client and the driver but it was dark when it arrived so he didn't see it! The good thing is 60% of the dings are in the bumper which is wrapped(poorly) in a bra so hopefully when it's pulled off the paint doesn't come with it! Bad thing is the rear quarter isn't covered and that's riddled with dents and chips! Could have been a tiedown strap of some sort but not sure why it would be up that high? Really not that bad as far as the finish, F cars are always this bad if not worse and 3x's the cost!
    Thanks Kody!
    Thanks you sir!

8. sydtoosic

sydtoosic Birth of a Detailer

nice work... you brought it back. Tesla is a hot car, that nav screen is a must have. it operates everything in the car... sun roof, windows, connector door, everything.

9. Upper Class Detailing

Upper Class Detailing DB Pro Supporter

man, this car looks niceeeeeeeeeee :)

10. InsanePaint

InsanePaint Pro Detailer

Sheesh. Good save. Great work! But I'm glad that's not mine.......

11. maxepr1

maxepr1 Jedi Nuba

Thanks! Yes your right! The information center control the whole car!
    It is a sweet ride!
    Thanks Chase!