106FF vs. 106FA

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by scheerspeed, May 12, 2008.

1. scheerspeed

scheerspeed DB Forum Supporter

whats different between the two?!!?

2. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

FA has a longer working time.

3. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

FA also cuts slower, dusts less, and clogs pads faster. :)

4. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Agreed, should have mentioned that also.

5. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

How many panels do you do before you change pads?

6. DJ_JonnyV

DJ_JonnyV DB Forum Supporter

Funny you ask as I just polised my Audi Allroad this past weekend ith 106FA + white pad + Flex 3401. I worked it on speed 5.5 for the most part, and I have to tell you that it added some much more depthness to my paint. My Allroad is cobalt blue, and a did a 50/50 between 106FA and Ultrafina SE, and the 106FA just added so much more depth. Anyway, I was able to get 2-3 panels per pad with it. Maybe could've stretched it more, but am a firm believer keeping my pads fresh on the paint.

7. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

So you basicaly get a front fender, a door, and a rear fender before you need to swap.

I must be using too much :gasp:

8. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

wow the FA added more depth than the Ultrafina, hmm i thought it would be the other way around. Have you tried the US version 106FF? What about 85RD, thats supposed to refine the finish a little more than FF.

may have to start looking into 106FA now.

9. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

I agree with Asphalt Rocket and FMINUS. Dont like the stuff at all personally.

10. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

It is going to since it has more cut than Ultrafina, if the Ultrafina was used after 106FF you would have noticed a difference in the finish. Also 85RD will add to the finish after 106FF.

11. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

What about 85RD? Is there a difference between the US version and UK version?