'03 F150-red

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Calgarydetail, Oct 5, 2007.

1. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

So my friend/partner traded in his car for this truck. It was purchased earlier this weekend and needed some work. it is in great shape but it was at a dealership so ther ewhere lots of sriwls nad the paint needed a good clay.. we decided it was time.

So when I got there he had alreasy sprayed it off

[​IMG]

we started with the wheels.
    the wheels where cleaned with p21s gell wheel cleaner, the tires got a nice spray of megs apc cut 4 parts water 1 apc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We then washed the car using zaino car wash. We resuds the car and clayed using ricardos clay, man this stuff is awsome
    We then dried the car

it was time for a polish, since winter is here we decided not to get everything ouy, when sprin rolls around we will btu with the weather as it is and this truck being outside 24/7 thre was no real point

we did a pass of optimum compound and a cuttingpad
    then a pass with optimum polish and polishing pad

here are some pics of us polishing

[​IMG]
    the polsih on the paint
    [​IMG]

The car finnaly for a coat of hd-cleanse, its what i had with me so its what we used

[​IMG]

Finally we applied zymol titanium to the paint by hand. After a good buff he car looked awsome.
    My camera was actingup so the pics are kinda grainey but it really did look better in person

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1/2

2. Calgarydetail

I looked at my car and decied it was dirty. It also needed some protection, the coat of wax was starting to wear off, After 4 weeks the beading started to go down.

I know the wheelwells are still dirt but like I said it was just to protect the paint, heck it got dirty as soon as i drove out since it started to snow

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

comments or questions good or bad are apricated...

Thanks for reading

2/2

3. Nica

Nica Banned

Sweet, where did you do the vehicles? Is that at the shop you were telling me about? Looks like you got some nice space where you were at.

Both vehicles look great, well done.

Thank you for sharing.

4. Calgarydetail

thanks, and yeah that was the plcae. its owned by his dad so he lets us do alot of detailing there. Its awsome becasue its heated and we dont have to worry about waste water...

5. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

:D:D:D:D:D soo.....Calgary Detailing meet....i know of a good place. JKJK I like to wash my car at the coin ops at 12 -2 am because all the car guys are there. You learn a lot about cars there! Where location wise is this?

6. richy

richy Guest

Dude..are you kidding about the snow..here in the banana belt of Canada, it's going to 32C tomorrow..it was 29 today!! I will need my A/C in my garage to do this weekend's job.

7. Nica

Nica Banned

What, 32C :eek: man that's wicked...temperature here is going down...I'm looking forward to it though, instead of installing an A/C unit in my garage I installed a heater in it hahahaha how oposite is that hahahaha. The only thing I'm thinking is doing the washing in the winter, good thing I got lots of Optimum No rinse :D

8. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

great job !!!! nice turn around

9. Calgarydetail

perhaps, i already talked to him about renting out a few bays for a couple hours...
    as for the locaton, i belive its 18 ave NW, you get to it from 16th, its really easy to get to

10. Calgarydetail

thanks for rubbing it in, my aunt already does enough of that.
    yeah its cold here, wehave had snow a couple days now. Winteris here... :mad: