▀▄ Miglior Detailing: Lexus GS450-Nasty Leather!▄▀

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Miglior, Mar 7, 2011.

1. Miglior

Miglior DB Pro Supporter

[​IMG]

Please take the time to view our full website!

Hello there! Thanks for coming to look at another write up of mine! This time it’s a rather neglected Lexus GS450h. This car was booked in for an enhancement detail, with the optional extra Interior deep leather detail.

The car had recently had a front end re-spray and rear bumper. I was quite shocked to say the least when I received the car from the owner, as the painted areas had been completed 2 weeks earlier, but they were in a very very bad state as you will see. The paint job wasn’t too bad, but the finishing of the paintwork could have been much better!

This is how I received the car.

[​IMG]

This is the "new" paint

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

General condition of the car...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The car was taken outside to be washed, and then brought back inside to be clayed and dried. Here is how the fresh paint looks under the studio lights.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Moving onto the doors (factory paint)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now, with swirl marks of this magnitude, obviously a full correction is going to make a huge difference, but some people are not interested in total swirl removal, which is fine. The enhancement detail is a great way to see a huge difference without spending days on the car, which inevitably brings the price down.

So with that in mind, total swirl removal was to be forgotten about. A single stage machine polish was used to achieve some pretty remarkable results.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now, back to the fresh paint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some pretty deep marks still in there, but still a good improvement. (Although it still beggars belief how marks can be put into new paintwork like that!!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Much better...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sealant curing...

[​IMG]

Now onto the interior!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lovely leather seat there holding onto quite a LOT of dirt I think you'd agree!!

So...out comes the Swissvax Leather cleaner to make a start on reviving these poor Lexus seats!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finished!

[​IMG]

Other areas of the interior...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And Some after shots!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for reading guys! :)

[​IMG]

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I have never seen a before/after of leather like that. Wow!

3. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

Dang, the only leather I've seen that filthy was in a minivan. Great turnaround!

4. kakeuter

kakeuter DB Forum Supporter

Excellent work, that thing was in really rough shape.

-Kody-

5. fzel07wrx

fzel07wrx Virgin Detailer

Huge before/after difference on both the interior and exterior. Just wondering... do you use a paint cleanser before LSP to hide/fill the swirls even further?

6. AutoObsessed

AutoObsessed Dealers

Wow nice job and photos. Looks like that car went through many automatic brush car washes. I don't want to comment on the seats.

7. Eleotay

Eleotay Virgin Detailer

Was that the normal Swissvax leather cleaner?! That was amazing! I may have to look into that stuff!

8. GDAL

GDAL Super Moderator

Impressive turnaround!!

Great paint correction and the best leather 50/50 photo I have ever seen!!

9. Miglior

Miglior DB Pro Supporter

Thanks for the comments guys. It was Swissvax leather cleaner. Someone asked if I used a glaze or similar on cars. I am a bit of a purist when it comes to things like that. Before I apply any LSPs I always thoroughly wipe The cars down with IPA to remove any oils, reveal the true finish of the car and leave a clean finish for the lsp.

I am not a fan of covering or masking swirls or marks to be honest. ;)

10. nyc_medic

nyc_medic Two Bucket System Washer

Yeah that leather looked like a dog had been sitting in that chair. great 50/50 shot.

11. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

absolutely amazing!!!

12. JPerrydore

JPerrydore Birth of a Detailer

Great work as always! That leather was nasty!