▀▄ Miglior Detailing: Bentley Arnage Red Label T - Full Correction Detail 55Hours ▄▀

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Miglior, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Miglior

Miglior DB Pro Supporter

[​IMG]
    Please take the time to view our full website!!
    Detailing In Lancashire Manchester & North West - Miglior Detailing!
    If you want to see daily update and photos, please follow us! Links are below!!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Bentley Arnage Red label T

Thanks for stopping by to read another of my write-ups! I rarely get the chance to do many write ups these days, about 10% of the cars I detail get a write up. If you want to see my day-to-day work, feel free to follow me on twitter or Facebook on the above links!

This car was booked in for:
    - Full Correction detail to remove the surface defects
    - Extensive Leather detail
    - Engine Bay detail
    - Some paintwork

This car was brought to me from Glasgow, Scotland for a birthday present for somebody. The car was probably in my unit for 8 Weeks or so, then delivered on the weekend of the birthday.

First up, lets check how the car arrived.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Clear coat missing off a few areas of the car

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These were sorted in the body shop before any detailing was carried out.

[​IMG]

So fast-forward a few weeks, and after the wing mirrors were painted and the front grill surround was paint, on with the detailing work!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Straight slap bang into the middle of the paint correction work

[​IMG]

Here are several before and after pictures of the paint during our paint correction process. You can see just how many years of incorrect washing can really affect the clear coat of the paint. There was barely a shine, and thousands of swirl marks and scratches present.

We assessed the condition of the entire painted surface, spotted some repairs, measured the thickness of the paint and corrected accordingly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some close ups of the correction work just to see exactly how well the paint was brought up!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When we assessed the paintwork before we started machine polishing, I noticed the passenger side had been painted at some point. The paint wasn't too bad, but the thickness was significantly different to the original paint. There were some strike through marks, and burn marks present along the whole side of the car. This requires a re-think when it comes to correcting paint like this. I took a different approach, but still maintained a great correction rate. Just not quite as perfect as the rest of the car, this wouldn't be the case if I had more paint to work with.

Before

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Does this paint look 12 years old to you? :)

Moving onto more technical areas. Just as much attention paid here as the rest of the car

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now moving onto the interior…. This required nearly a day alone! So much leather, so many carpets!
    Add to the fact it was pretty filthy from the previous owner…

This is how the interior came in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So this was thoroughly cleaned, hoovered, waxed, scrubbed etc etc!!

Starting on the leather work

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

50/50 on the leather arm rest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All the crevices were blown out with the airline

[​IMG]

Then brushed and vacuumed

[​IMG]

More leather to do!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some finished shots of the interior

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And some after shots of the exterior!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Engine bay

[​IMG]

I didn't have much opportunity to take many after pictures, it was a very late finish at the unit (2AM I think) then it was picked up the morning after by the customer which gave me no more chance to snap any more!

Alas, the car that was driven away after the detailing work was an entirely different car that was dropped off 8 weeks earlier! The owner was over the moon and couldn't believe the difference and how much fresher the car was.

So what do you guys think? Thanks for reading, and as always, fire away with any questions!

Cheers

Jay

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks to the guys @ www.shinearama.co.uk for always keeping me stocked up with the latest detailing awesomeness ☺

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Thats the dogs danglies Jay! Bentley Arnage.....yummy. Glad he was happy. You just saved him a couple hundred grand over buying a new one. BTW, studio looks awesome. Nice and clean.

3. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

Very nice work. What does Miglior mean? At first glance I thought you were selling Migliore Waxes.

4. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

"the best"

5. 72offsuit

72offsuit Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Wow, what a save. Criminal to have let the car fall that far from grace in the first place. Returned to the lofty status such a fine example of automotive design and engineering deserves. Remarkable job.

6. ACE2790

ACE2790 Jedi Nuba

I turn giddy whenever I see a thread started by Miglior detailing. Great work as usual.

7. QUENGA

QUENGA Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Wow, I absolutely love that color. Black always looks great, but polished red car are my absolute favorite. I wish I could do more of them.

8. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Awesome thread, and nice work on the Arnage!