Zymol Waxes

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by TheJag, Nov 22, 2008.

1. TheJag

TheJag Birth of a Detailer

I've been looking into branching out from the Griots waxes I use and the one thats really struck me is zymol, now i have a bottle of that cleaner wax that i bought about a year ago.. I recently found out that its made by turtle wax, so i kicked myself and gave it to my friend, but I'm really interested in The Japon Wax, Most of the cars i detail are toyotas and nissans, and i think it looks like a good wax, and alot of people ive talked to hold zymol in very high regard, does anyone have any experience with this wax? or one like it by zymol?

2. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I have never used Japon, but I have used Titanium and Glasur. Both ar very nice waxes. I like the Glasur a lot.

3. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

If you are using a carnauba wax as your LSP, look into the durability of the product. A lot of waxes have very short life spans which IMHO makes them poor choices for LSP if they are on going on a clients car. If you are going to us a product like the lower end Zymol waxes, Dodo Juice etc, then put a coat of a durable sealant on first and then top with your wax. Some waxes like Dodo SN2, Colli 476 or 845, Autoglym Hi Def and Raceglaze 55 will last at least 3 or 4 months so can be used on their own.

4. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

great explanation 911, I notice that you use FMJ alot and thats one that I think I'm going to have a place for in my collection. there's alot of talk about this one and that one but I think you set me straight...I just have to be able to afford it. For it is worth every penny. Thank you...:thumb:

5. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Yet again some very good advice from 911. I always use Jetseal under a nuba for looks and like 911 said to increase durability. As far as what I have seen when you delve into the higher end nubas like Swissvax and Zymol its best to avoid their lower tier waxes as they really under perform. The lower end waxes are not what they are in the business to create so they leave a lot to be desired. The lowest I would go in the Zymol lineup would be Glasur, which by the way is an awesome wax and very underrated.

6. detailjohn

detailjohn Detailers Advertising Scheme

I love the Zymol waxes. I wouldn't start with anything less than Titanium or Concours. They're pretty expensive, but a little goes a long way. You will also have to buy the HD Cleanse. Once you use it, you'll always be a believer though, it works great.

John

7. Nica

Nica Banned

I'm quite pleased with Zymol, they can be a pain to work with but the end result is well worth it..that's just my opinion though.

As to where to start...Concours is a very nice wax but there is also Glasur which is a complete sleeper. Glasur impresses me every time I use it, I don't use it on a regular basis becuase I keep forgetting what a great wax it is but when I do use it I'm reminded of how good of awax it is.

Any who, which ever wax you choose to go with just remember to follow the Zymol process. You'll be pleased with the end results.

8. agentf1

agentf1 Jedi Nuba

I think I would look into Swissvax Concourso before Zymol. I have tried both SV Concorso and Zymol Concours and have to say that the SV is much easier to use and produces similar results.

Some others you may want to look into are Victoria (red version) or Supernatural.

That said I do not know why you are restricting yourself to using just a carnuaba product. There are some great sealants on the market.