Zymol wax: opinion?

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by dave_zok, Oct 8, 2010.

1. dave_zok

dave_zok Guest

Anyone have any experience with this wax. I'm looking at japon, Glasur Glaze or cream. I was thinking of just getting the creame first

2. mobilejay

mobilejay Birth of a Detailer

Well I have experience with the Concours and I love the wax. I like how easy it is to wash the car with this stuff on, and I love the way water sheets off the car with the Concours. Like I said, no idea about the others but if they are like this one I would get it. Won't last as long as a sealant but how many of us actually wait 3-4 months to wax our cars? LOL

3. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Skip Cream. I had that initially and decided to try out Glasur right after, its quite different

4. Kristoffer

Kristoffer Virgin Detailer

Glasur is just lovely :D

The beading and sheeting abilities is just great

5. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Glasur is very nice, especially on black. I have Glasur, Concours, Ital, and Carbon. I had Titanium in the past as well.

6. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

hey, Roger, how do you like Ital and Concours compared to Glasur?

7. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

I have only used Ital and Concours once.

I used Ital on a red s2k and it looked excellent. Made the red very deep and wet.

I used Concours on a white pearl TL, and it made it look so smooth, great shine but not too shiny.

I think in all honesty, you can't go wrong with any of those 3. I think each has it's own colors they would work best on.

Like I said before, Glasur is awesome for black paints.

All 3 are easy to use, not too finicky, and a little goes a ways.

8. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I got a sample of glasur and I like it so much that I bought a new one. It looked incredible on my solid black car. I sold the car not too long ago. I'm selling a new Glasur pot if you are interested.

9. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

If I am honest, I have not been that impressed with my pot of Zymol Concours in almost everyway. I found that it does not spread as nicely as Glasur, durability is roughly 3-4 weeks, and while initial beading and sheeting is awesome, it falls off quickly. My Glasur has better durability, similar beading and sheeting, and is easier to apply (although the same to remove).