Zymol vs. CR Spotless

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by adriankeith, Jun 4, 2008.

1. adriankeith

adriankeith Birth of a Detailer

Does anyone have any experience with the Zymol water filter? I know a few guys on here use the CR Spotless system and I would purchase it as well but it seems like the resin(?) you have to put in every so often can end up costing you a fortune. Just wondering if the Zymol one is any good and if it's worth using.

Thanks.

Here's a link to the Zymol product:

ZYMOL REINES WATER PURIFICATION SYSTEM

2. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I do have to say that the CR Spotless system is a very pricey item by itself and the refills are very expensive as well. However, CR is running a special right now that includes free refills. Hopefully that will help your case.

3. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

The CR Spotless is a lot better then that Zymol filter. This is basically the same thing, Total Filter Kit I use to have that before buying the CR Spotless. That little filter doesnt do anything.

4. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

When you break it down it's not bad at all.

A refill on a DIC-20 is $90. Depending on your water hardness.. lets say it's pretty hard and you get 300 Gallons before you go above 30 PPM TDS (spotting appears). That's 30c a gallon! It's even less if you get more water out of it of course.

Code:
     (input ppm)   resin vol       gal          resin vol     gal        resin vol        gal
     50 ppm         .02 (1/38)      94 	.17 (1/6 ) 	799 	.33 (1/3) 	1551
    100 ppm 	.02 (1/38) 	47 	.17 (1/6 ) 	400 	.33 (1/3) 	776
    200 ppm 	.02 (1/38) 	24 	.17 (1/6 ) 	200 	33 (1/3) 	388
    400 ppm 	.02 (1/38) 	12 	.17 (1/6 ) 	100 	.33 (1/3) 	194
    Flow Rate: 	.2 gpm 	  	              2 gpm 	  	4 gpm 	 

I'd love to be able to go to the store and buy DI water @ 30c a gallon.

Yes the initial cost is a kick in the pants but to be able to use that water for dilution mixes and final rinse will be well worth it in no time flat.

5. adriankeith

adriankeith Birth of a Detailer

thanks for the responses guys. I figured the CR system was the way to go. How often do you find yourselves refilling? Just roughly, I know there are a couple of factors like how many details you do in one weekend so it can vary from time to time but roughly, how often?

6. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

If you're going to be doing correction, then dont use it on the initial wash. If you wash after polishing, THEN use the CR system.