Zymol Vintage

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by floraneg, Sep 1, 2010.

1. floraneg

floraneg Birth of a Detailer

Has anyone ordered a pot of Vintage lately? My friend is considering buying a pot and I was wondering how long it takes to get one and has anyone gotten the pot refilled? He is concerned that the refill may not be all it is made out to be. Any hidden costs?

Thanks.

2. mobilejay

mobilejay Birth of a Detailer

I have called and talked to one of the guys up there. Lots of people say theres a catch, but he stated theres no catch. The only thing is you have to pay for the shipping there and back.

3. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

There's a "pour" fee each time you get a new pot. AFAIK last I heard it was $50 bucks.

4. feslope

feslope Virgin Detailer

Give them a call. They ship from Brooksville FL. now. If they have one ready to go you should be able to have it in a few days. I haven't refilled yet so I can't share that experience with you. I have heard from others that they want it REALLY clean when it is returned for refill. If it is not clean enough for them they will charge you a cleaning fee. You are responsible for shipping both ways, 16 lbs is the weight.

5. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Shipping must be insured from what I've heard...

6. feslope

feslope Virgin Detailer

No there isn't. I took a minute to call and talk to Dave. There is no refill charge at all. Sometimes the hinges are damages or people wrap the cube in Duct tape. They will charge to remove the ductape or replace the hinge.

You are responsible for the container. Its up to you how you send it to them.

7. Mindflux

Interesting, I know someone with Vintage that's gotten a refill and he said he was charged a pour fee.

8. RNickolas

RNickolas Obsessive Detailer

maybe he was charged by zymol to clean the jar and they called it a pour fee?

9. Mindflux

It's possible, but he's not the type of guy to send off the jar dirty. :shrug:

10. feslope

feslope Virgin Detailer

Might have been a repair/replacement of the living hinges. I dip product out of the container for use. I can see where working out of the container would expose it to wear or damage.

11. RNickolas

RNickolas Obsessive Detailer

hmm... from what i understand, there can't be any trace of wax residue left...so who knows. I don't have a pot so all i can comment on is from 2nd hand accounts

12. Wolfs Chemicals

Wolfs Chemicals DB Certified Manufacturer

AFAIK the cost to refill the pot will cost around $250. This includes shipping, insurance, admin, etc. But to be honest, I would tell your friend not to waste his money on it... I have Vintage and I'm not impressed with it at all... The container is much nicer than the wax. Vics Red will give you almost the same results and at a fraction of the cost.

13. Legacy99

Legacy99 Wax on..Wax off

I disagree, Victoria Red, original, Mayhem and Cahos doesn't come close to Vintage especially in washing. By that I mean dirt doesn't cling to Vintage.

14. :shead: That doesn't sound free to me. What a freekin rip off. If your stupid enough to buy this stuff, you have rooms for rent upstairs. Its no longer fashionable to squander money :hmph:

15. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

It is almost double for those in the UK, $500 is what I read owners of Vintage would pay for a refill after shipping, admin fees, and the insurance cost during shipping is sizeable.

16. Good Grief :gasp:

17. feslope

feslope Virgin Detailer

Maybe for Royale. I just to talked to a British friend and his total tab for Vintage was about $200 including replacing the hinge.

18. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

he is in Hungary, and shipping there from the States is NOT cheap...
    But again, shipping must be insured no matter what...

19. oojerry

oojerry Virgin Detailer

Just recently filled my pot for the summer and I am gonna send it in for another refill soon...

Anyway. I flatrate ship it there for 15 and then they sent it back to CA from FL for like 32 or something like that. So it does end up costing around 50 in total. The pot is 11 pounds without the vintage in it.

20. dankfanatic

dankfanatic Guest

so all that came out of your pocket was about 50 bucks? that sounds more like it.