Zymol Vintage

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by Calgarydetail, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

so i know there are a few member that have vintage, and others who want it :rolleyes:
    i thought it would be fun to start a thread for people to post pics of there work with vintage, i know i would love to see them
    i will start.
    i have vintage in the mail (its been way to long to get it... like 2 weeks and is still not here) however the supplier did send a pic of the tub so here is its

[​IMG]
    so lets hear your opions and see your pictures

2. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Hope you get your Vintage soon! I'd love to see the results :D

3. Nica

Nica Banned

I was going to say..you got your's already!!! I'm still waiting for mine to arrive and I ordered mine about a week before you...lol...I can't wait to get mine :D :D

Hey look at the background, oh what is that I see? :eek: lol

4. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

DIDO!

5. Nica

Nica Banned

Man, I've been coming back to this image lots now...just looking at it makes me drool...

6. Calgarydetail

im glad im not the only one. I think i check it out every 5 minutes. Its the only way i get through the day lol

7. Calgarydetail

ok so im hoping that vintage arives tommorow. i need some help from everyone....

ok everyone needs to cross there finger and do a little zymol dance... perhaps even a sacrifice of goat or something is needed

8. Nica

Nica Banned

I have a co-worker that has a farm and I can get chickens, sheep, pigs...you name it I can get it...you know for the sacrifice lol...as for the dance...I'm more of a chanting person lol...hahahahaha

But seriously where is mine :(

9. Calgarydetail

ok well a chicken will do,.. and you can chant thats cool too.

ok back to reality.. so you havet recived your either? I thought it had come... hmm when did you order yours?... I have decided canadian customes is the slowest thing ever

10. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

I this talk about zymol made me want to try it so I got some japon coming my way to try on the wifes car.I skipped the hd-cleanse and figured I would just use my pinnacle pre-cleaner.If I like this stuff I will step up to somthing higher in there line.

11. Calgarydetail

I have never used Japon, however I have heard its great.
    You dont need hd-cleasne, pinnacle will do just as good af a job and is not a pita like HDC.

If you done like Japon I woul dstill recomend trying one of he estate glazes. you can start with tiatnium or glasar. the estate glazed has a look very diffrent to the hand crafted line

and make sure to take tons of pics

12. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

I thought glasur is only for porcha's.

13. Calgarydetail

any of the waxes can be used on any paint finsh excpet rouge and ebony and that just beacuse they are desgined for single stage paint(they have dyes in them).
    each aws is ment for a specal paint but in reality and wax can be used on any colour or any finish

14. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

I am really going to be dissapointed if natty blue or pinn ssII spanks this Japon.

15. Nica

Nica Banned

I've never used the Japon but I too have heard good things about it. I've used Zymol Concourse, Carbon, Titanium and Glasur I've been very pleased with all of them. I actually purchased the Glasur for my friends Porche that I detailed.

16. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

i wish i could try that vintage wax. i had a weird dream last night i went over paul daltons house and while i was in there i was looking to see were he keeps his wax . to find out he keeps it next to his bed:D:D crazy dream huu?

17. Nica

Nica Banned

Man and I thougth I had it bad :p

My products sleep next room from my room :D

18. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

whats a tub of that cost? almost 2 grand right? wow. but you get the free refills with that?and were did you guys buy it from ?

19. Calgarydetail

vintage just went up in price with the launch of solaris. i belive it now runs for 1973 plus shipping and tax, so its not over 2g.
    Yes there are free refiels. You however, do pay for it to be shipped both ways. That is not covered.

I ordered my from ocdgarage, i would not advice it. He gave me a discount but I tink is sick of all my e-mails. I have no idea if my wax is in customs or not, i assume it is but you never know.

As for Carlos. I belive he ordered it right from zymol but he will have to tune in

20. 02CAMSS

02CAMSS Jedi Nuba

Alright here a question for you should I buy victoria red or zymol glasur?which one do you like better?