Zymol stepping up their game at Walmart

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by DirtyWeRX, Mar 16, 2012.

1. DirtyWeRX

DirtyWeRX DB Forum Supporter

Zymol has come out with 3 new things that they are putting in stores along with their "Cleaner Wax"

I saw some detail spray and spay glaze (which i take is a spray wax from them)

But I picked up a bottle of this

[​IMG]

i think it was around $8.47+tax (its $19 on Zymol's website)

Smells great like coconut and bananas. Havent tried it out yet.

2. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

Any reviews on this? Smells like a deal.

3. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

4. Red Orc

Red Orc Birth of a Detailer

The smell reminds me of a Zymol shampoo that I was in love with years ago. I don't remember it having that weird blue color but the smell sounds right.
    The only reason I quit buying was because all of the brick & mortar stores that sold it went out of business.
    I'll have to stay on the look out for that stuff. I didn't see it when I went in Walmart a few days ago.

5. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

I never tried any of their products besides the leather cleaner and conditioner when I first started detailing because it was right there in the major chains, otherwise their products were just far too pricey for me. It seems there are some pretty split reviews on Autopia about it potentially going under. It's a shame to see any business get to the point where it threatens to close its doors for good but I have a feeling their price point for a majority of, NOT ALL, their products were just beyond what the natural market for detailing products could handle. They obviously had a good run so cheers to the success they had.

6. HeavyD

HeavyD DB Forum Supporter

The wash and spray wax is new. The cleaner wax has been out for decades.A little tough to remove if memory serves me right. Its OK for an OTC purchase. Ive used it back in the day. It is a Turtle wax product I believe. Its definately not the same as an Ital wax or Field Glaze. Just has Zymols name on it.

7. DirtyWeRX

WHAAAAAA? Zymol is going under?

I was just thinking about buying one of their Kits. I dont want a really expensive one, I was thinking about going with their "Titanium" kit

8. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

FWIW - the Zymol that is for sale OTC ant Wal-Mart etc is made by Turtle Wax under license from Xymol

9. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

its zurtle wax brand lol

10. piginapoke

piginapoke Obsessive Detailer

so how is the soap?

11. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

Yeah, how is this soap compared to the one I always rave about? :p Also, is this really a Zymol soap, or simply a Turtle Wax product with the Zymol name sticker-ed onto it?

12. Red Orc

Red Orc Birth of a Detailer

I saw this at Meijer today & I couldn't resist grabbing a bottle. It has an unbelievable coconut smell just like the old zymol shampoo. The one thing that makes me think it's being made by Turtle Wax is the color. The shampoo is about the same weird color as the bottle.
    It'll be Wednesday before I can get aroud to trying it (assuming I don't just add it to the mix).

13. DirtyWeRX

Ill be trying it out this tuesday probably.

14. DirtyWeRX

Tried it out, took some photos, I'll be writing a review shorty...

Also, I'll probably have to do a follow up review because I think I used too much soap. It doesn't state how it should be diluted

15. JoeyV

^Cool, looking forward to it. try using the directions for the "normal" Zymol shampoo and see if that works out.

16. DirtyWeRX

I dont have any other zymol shampoos LOL

17. mrd0t

mrd0t Obsessive Detailer

Seen it today as a client was excited to show me it. Smelled just like the Cleaner Wax sold everywhere. Also seen a few other Zymol products at Vatozone that are new, And Ice with "Premier Wax" in a spray bottle.

18. JoeyV

Here they are:

19. Daydream Believer

Daydream Believer Birth of a Detailer

Just bought a bottle of this the other day at pep boys. had its own new pretty stand for display and was only about $9 like you said, so I grabbed one. Haven't used it yet, and I have nothing to compare it to cause I haven't used any soaps yet haha. I'm gunna try it on my beater car for fun to start learning how all this stuff works today

20. I have smells nice too. Not sure what i should be looking for in a car wash soap