Zymol Simply Red

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by t-bird, Feb 12, 2008.

1. t-bird

t-bird Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hi all this is my first post on this forum. Ok hear i go i was on Zymol website and seen where they have a wax call (Colour Correcting & Simply Red) . It is for red paint and i have a 1986 Toyota pickup that just has a base coat paint /no clearcoat on it . All the paint is in real good shape accept the hood i have done every thing but wet sand it to get the small pits out . Would be nice to have a good camera to show what im talking about. What i would like to know is will it work as a filler to help cover up the small pits. The paint is real soft.

2. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I have been wondering about this too, they also have a black one

3. t-bird

Ye i seen that one to i have a black ford focus that i use 1z on it and my pickup i really like the look of the 1z and it will last a long time. If the Simply Red would work out nice i thank i would give the Black a try to.

4. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

eboney and rouge I belive is what they are called. Although I have never used them I have done some reading up. From what I have red they contain dyes, do they help hide swirls and fine scratches. So i guees they have lots of fillers.
    i have seen pics of it used on CC, however i read somewhere that is was desgined fro SS paint. I am not 100% sure on this so please dont quote

5. t-bird

Thats what mine is SS paint./ Just for the fun of it I email Zymol to see if they could send me a sample of it . Don't think I will get it but worth a try.

6. Calgarydetail

i would not count on a sample, its not part of the zymol way... ohh and expect your response to take atleast a week

7. wonderdetail

wonderdetail Virgin Detailer

The ebony and rouge are indeed designed for SS paint. However, I have a tub of Ebony, and used it on this Merc (with has a cleacoat) and it came up pretty nice!

(before)
    [​IMG]

(after)
    [​IMG]

8. Nica

Nica Banned

Eboney and Rouge from what I've read are in deed meant for the old school paint jobs, actually it's funny becuase car shows...old school car that were entered in car shows had extra thick layers of single stage paint and these two waxes are what majority of the car show guru's used to use, well don't quote me on that just what I've read.

I've never tried them my self but I've been wanting to order them as a friend of mine has a MR2 with single stage paint and he's very, very picky with his vehicles....any who that's about all I know about them, different formula these waxes are.

9. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

So you CANT use a regular Wax on SS paint?

10. Calgarydetail

you can.. theres not an issue. however theses waxes have dies and fillers. they fill the fine scratched. SS is alot softer then cc paint, this casues paint to come off when wiping with a cloth, washing ect. It is possible to wash the paint off SS... so the fillers and dies allow it so you dont have to polish as often... anywax will work on SS

11. rohit29

rohit29 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I have a 1990 VW Corrado with SS red paint on it(tornado red-no clear coat). I picked up some zymol rouge in the beginning of this season. I just put a second coat of rouge on the car and it is really glossy. You have to strip all of the old wax off of the car first and then proceed to use Zymol HD Cleanse to prep the surface and then rouge away!

I just put a second coat on the car today and it looks even more wet than the first time. I washed the car today and it was beading pretty good.
    I will try to post some photos at some point of how the rouge looks on my car.

Cheers everyone!
    Rohit

PS: In the beginning of my detailing odyssey about 10-15 years ago, I used to swear by Mother's Gold 3 step process and would love how my car looked after a fresh 3 step, but the pile of red rags(they started off as white) was a concern. My car may need a paint job at some point in time, because it is the original paint. Im convinced that using the rouge to protect the paint will prolong the need for a paint job for a few years which is why I spent the money on the Zymol Rouge.

12. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

hmmm interesting

might have to try this stuff on the F40 with it's SS paint

though i wonder if it'd fill more than the BHAB that's on it atm

13. rohit29

rohit29 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

There is no harm in trying it out, it goes on nice and easy and it smells like watermelon! I will probably put another coat on the car in a few more weeks just to keep the shine consistent on the car.