zymol sampler kit tubs

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by Calgarydetail, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

I am looking for the tubs form the sample kit (or equivilent). I love vintage but I hate carrying that giant tub around. I would like something I can put a few oz inso i dont have to lug that whole thing out. Plus if i dont have to lug it arounf there is less chance of me dropping it. whic would suck.

So if anyone can help me out on a place that sell them I would be very thankfull

thanks for the info

2. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

3. Calgarydetail

4. Black Diamond

Black Diamond Jedi Nuba

This place has them as well. They do offer several sizes.

5. Calgarydetail

6. Nica

Nica Banned

Calgary those look very nice, let me know when they arrive please as I'd like to look at them....how many did you order? If you can spare one I'll purhcase it from you.

7. Calgarydetail

thanks, i got 5, so yeah you can have one. I dont know when they will get here... man i hate waiting lol

but like i saidm vintage is cool but i dont like carrying a 22oz tub out to my garage or to my folks so it will be nice to have a little jar I dont have to lug around the block of ice

8. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

mike.i noticed in your link in US plastic carries the jars..if you have time look at the ones from specialty bottles as well..the smaller ones look to be perfect for what your looking for..........
    the jars are plastic too that'll give peace of mind in case you drop'em

Clear PET Plastic Jars
    (Low Profile Round)

Clear PET Round 2oz Plastic Jar w/ White Dome Lid - 58 White Dome

9. Calgarydetail

thanks joe, i did no notice those. I think i will pick up a few of them as well and see how well they work... thanks for the heaads up

10. joep

your welcome Mike...the 2oz sampler jars look nice..if not you can order a few 4oz jars as well

pS..mike i seen a few cool tins as well..they also come with a clear top

Clear Top Tin Containers - Specialty Bottle

11. Nica

Nica Banned

Hey Calgary if you got those 5 containers coming I'll take them off your hand :thumb:

12. Calgarydetail

those are col tins joe, i thin im going to have so spend some time looking around

and carlos, let me try them first ... i might just like them

13. joep

Mike,
    good find on the jars they even come with pure brazilian #1 carnauba wax......:)

[​IMG]

14. Calgarydetail

well shit.. thats 100% wax... im gettig 2k worth :thud:

haha i really need to ook through this site, jeeze, liik like there is some good stuff.. but first more :coffee:

15. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

hey calgary, and I guess anyone else thats ever done it, whats the best way to transfer a portion of a paste wax into another container?

I tried scraping some off the top of a jar one time and put it in a little plastic container, but it didnt turn out too well... Do you heat it or something like that?

16. Calgarydetail

I normaly take a spoon, scoop out as large of a chunk as i can get so it dosent fall apart... I place it inthe new tub.. do this until the thing is filled. I then give it a good shake. I find the shake helps the wax stick togher.

This method is far from perfect, iam still trying to find the best method, but so far this has served its purpose

17. Black Diamond

Black Diamond Jedi Nuba

A couple of things to try as well.
    Heat the spoon with hot water. The effect is like that of a heated ice cream scoop in an ice cream container. Also, try a plastic putty knife to scrape off a thin layer.
    As previously stated, the shaking does work.
    Also, try sitting the container in very hot water for a while. Submerged if possible.

18. Calgarydetail

great advince, i going to have to try some this

thanks