Zymol Glasur vs. Concours

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by agpatel, Jun 13, 2010.

1. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Trying to help someone pick a wax and he is set on a Zymol (Dont ask), so I suggested both Glasur and Concours as both come to mind as good wax's for a decent price. Now the questions is which one would be better to get (the price difference is at the bottom of the list) but in terms of looks, durability, sheeting and looking good on darker/bright cars (Reds, Blues).

Doing some searching has come up with Glasur lasting longer than Concorus and sheeting better and longer. Is this correct?

Anyways appreciate the feedback as I dont know too much about the Zymol range...

2. JonM

JonM Guest

Bear in mind I haven't used either one of them, but I have put in a lot of research time trying to decide between these two as well. My conclusion based on many reviews is Glasur looks just as good, if not better, lasts longer, easier to use, smells better and has better sheeting ability/beading ability all while being significantly cheaper. If it was me, I'd get the Glasur.

3. RNickolas

RNickolas Obsessive Detailer

im going to chime in and say glasur hands down. tell him to take the 75$ savings and invest in field glaze and hd cleanse

4. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Pretty much what I found when I was doing some readings last night.

I was hoping you would chime in. I was going to PM you as if I remember you have tried both and love Glasur. Do you use HD Cleanse before initial application of Glasur? If so you notice any difference in durability between using it and not?

5. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

I actually think that initial beading and sheeting is tighter and faster with Concours compared to Glasur. The difference is that initial beading and sheeting brought on by Concours falls off much more quickly than Glasur whose beading also begins to fall off as time goes on but still manages about double the overall durability.

I personally went with Concours only because it seems like everyone has Glasur and to be honest, I am not worried about durability. That said, it is a bit harder to apply (just as easy to remove though) as it feels sticky when spreading it out even on a freshly prepped panel with a damp applicator pad.

6. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

He should have gotten it during the Thanksgiving sale last year. I picked up Glasur for the price of Titanium shipped :D

I don't regret choosing Glasur over Concours since I have the Holiday Kit #2

7. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Heck I wish I would of gotten it then also, haha.

Have you had a chance to use both? If so any comments that have not been said already?

8. RNickolas

RNickolas Obsessive Detailer

i have used hd cleanse before an application and once w/o there is only a slight difference in the look (little bit deeper and wetter) as for durability I saw no difference in beading or sheeting, i can't comment on length because i do wax monthly

as far as using both, i have had both but traded away my concours due to the overwhelming information showing there isnt a difference look wise between the two...that and a few too many mornings being hungover and barfing from Goldschlager now makes anything cinnamon smelling unbearable to me.

9. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Haven't opened up my Holiday Kit yet. I'm thinking about selling it on the forums fairly soon though because I bought it mainly as a collectors item so its going to waste. Ask your friend if he is interested. Its the most cost-worthy kit and the jars will last quite a while by themselves. I'll hook you up with a nice price once I get my thread going

EDIT: Also want to mention that I tried to kill it with a strong wash of Dawn the other day. Only killed 60% of it with a few passes of Dawn. Its quite durable haha