Zymol Destiny

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by LanceM, Feb 10, 2008.

1. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

Whats your thoughts on this wax? Is it much better than concours? On par with vintage?

Just looking for some feed back.

2. exoticGuy

exoticGuy Birth of a Detailer

I doubt it would be on par with Vintage, considering the price difference. I can't remember off the top of my head, but I believe Atlantique is positioned between Destiny and Vintage.

3. LanceM

i believe you are right about atlantique.

4. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

I have not used destiny.. however I have done some research, and used other zymol waxes.

Each wax is diffrent. They have a diffrent optical range. Is vintage better? depends who you as, but it isdiffrent.

so to say its better is hard to do.
    I think the only way to know if its better to you is to try it.

And dont assume that becasue its more expensive its better. I have talked to a few peopl who say antilque is way "better" then vintage, or even royal.

its about find the wax that works for YOU and YOUR paint.

I would say take the plunge and ler us know what you think
    ohh and the hiercry of the esate line is

1.Titanium (sorta)
    2.Glasar (sorta)
    3. Concours
    4. Ital
    5. Destiney
    6. Antique
    7. Vintage
    8. Royal
    9. Solaris

5. FuelTuner

FuelTuner Birth of a Detailer

i have the destiny and have used it on a few cars... very nice and on red it is amazing.

6. Calgarydetail

so would you say its worh the $518 price tag?

7. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Are any of these waxes for light colors? White especially?

8. Calgarydetail

zymol makes "model spefic" waxes. there are a few of the lowe ones that are ment for light and dark (creme and carbon) but the esate line is more car type spefic. There waxes will work on any paint. So dont be lured into that.

The waxes I have tried all looked great on white. If you are intersted in getting into the ZEG the I would suggest trying out tianium. It is applied in a similar way to the higher ones and will give you a taste of the zymol world

9. Nica

Nica Banned

I've never tried Destiny my self but I've read great reviews on it, I would have to agree though, I don't think it would be a fair comparison with Vintage but that's just my guess :shrug:

As for light colour vehicles, I've used Glasur (sorry for SP) on a light colour vehicle and I was very pleased with how well it performed for me. It's really meant to be used for Porche vehicles/paint but I just pretended it was a Porche vehicle lol.

10. LanceM

got some destiny on the way.

11. Calgarydetail

good lord, did you buy one of each wax or something...ohh and along with a writeup we want lots of pics :D

12. LanceM

lol I guess you could say that. Ill do a write up and pics when I get a chance to use it.

13. Calgarydetail

very cool thanks... and we want lots and ltos of pics... we love pics....:applause2::applause2::applause2:

14. Nica

Nica Banned

Nice pictures :druling: :druling: