Zymol at Target?

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by billyblooshoes, Sep 16, 2009.

1. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

so i was doing some late night shopping at target last night with my girlfriend and as she was off deciding on what kind of bathroom theme she wants to go with for MY new place (shes got the decorating handled), i stumbled across their car care section. basically all junk except a few things, but something caught my eye. they had zymol leather cleaner and leather conditioner. never used it before, and it wasnt that expensive, so i bought them both as well as some automotive scotch guard (good stuff). any feedback on the cleaner/conditioner? they also had some BS zymol cleaner wax. no thanks on that. as soon as i got in my car i hit up the center consol arm rest with the conditioner and it actually made a big improvement. anyone use this stuff? im surprised they sell zymol OTC...

2. Dsoto87

Dsoto87 Jedi Nuba

I wonder if its made by turtle wax like the cleanerwax is

3. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

Never used it, but I have used that zymol cleaner wax waaaay back in the day, like 1st car back in the day. It was okay, nothing to fancy if I recall.

I'll have to go check my target for this stuff

4. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I use it and I like it alot actually. It's better than Lexol IMHO for a regular use product. I use it with the ADS horsehair leather brush and it cleans it really well. It doesn't leave leather greasy or anything, brings it back to a natural look. I apply the conditioner by nitrile glove so I don't waste product in the applicator, and let it really soak in before removal. Any excess that doesn't get absorbed I buff off, and it leaves it a bit softer than normal. Good stuff, but I haven't used Leather Masters or Leatherique before.

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Their cleaner isn't good, but the conditioner isn't bad.

6. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Really? Maybe the leather brush is what does it. I do spray a lot on too. I like it for maintaining leather, haven't used it for a real resto. What do you use?

7. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I do like the cleaner, that is a Zymol product. I dont know about the cond. I use the Zymol cleaner in a foaming bottle and a SV brush and worked great.

8. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

for the price that those products cost, they are actually not bad at all.

9. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

yeah for the price i guess you cant really go wrong. they were like $6.50 each for 8oz bottles. now that i think of it, these are the first zymol products i have owned. yay...

10. kc1337

kc1337 Obsessive Detailer

I got the leather cleaner and conditioner from target as well, the cleaner is alright as it does clean off the grime and dirt from the leather, the conditioner is a bit weird, it wipes off to a matte finish, but the leather surface feels much more slipperier than before application.

11. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Next time I'm restocking on Gold Class wash I'll have to pick some Zymol up and try it out...