Zymlol vs DD sponge

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by muffin422, May 13, 2009.

1. muffin422

muffin422 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Which one should I get? :X

Maybe both...

2. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Or maybe the Lowe's Grout Sponge by Proline. :thumb:

3. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

Zymol is a great wash media. love my sponge and ive been using it for a year.

4. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

zymol and DD are almost the same

i would say the zymol is a bit firmer which I liked better

5. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

Autoanything.com has the Zymol sponge 3 pack for $15.95 :)

6. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

I personally really like both, but still prefer Zymol sponge over Proline GS...

7. scottBT

scottBT Birth of a Detailer

i have a zymol sponge and it was ok but i found certain grouting sponges are just as good and a dqmn site cheaper.
    what about using a lambswool mitt?

8. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

I have the DD one, and the Proline GS. I really like them both. I like the Uber one from dd better simply because it's firmer than the grout sponge. But both work great.

I'm not really a fan of wash mitts.

9. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

sorry for the thread jack, but that antoanything had something that caught my eye...

Zymol Detail Microwipe

10. pektel

Looks like zymol is following gloss it's footsteps of insanely high prices.

11. mrgolfrider

that is what I thought..

12. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

I've never used them either. I imagine the DD one is plenty good.

I've got a large collection of grout sponges, as well as Advance Auto "Grecian Wonder Sponges." I got the Grecian ones for 50 cents a piece - I bought all eight they had on the shelf at that price! They're decent, I like the shape and the size of them, but the grout sponge is softer.

Oh come on...doesn't a $30 microfiber sound like just what you need? :lol:

I've actually got some of those Zymol microfiber towels. I picked them up a long while ago at a speed shop that was going out of business, on closeout. I'd say they're not really much better than plain old yellow Costco towels. They're thin, and nothing about them really screams quality to me. I'm totally unsure why they should be that expensive.

Heck, for that price, go to Costco and get ten of the 3-packs of super plush blue microfiber towel kits!

13. reefer_bob

reefer_bob Obsessive Detailer

Funny, as I was reading this thread, I was just thinking to myself how I'm really not a fan of wash sponges... :)

The Shmitt wasn't too bad, but I have the DD sponge and, well, I dunno, I just don't care for using a sponge...

<shrug>

14. mrgolfrider

you can go ahead and send that my way if you do not like it...

15. scottBT

scottBT Birth of a Detailer

sponges are ok but i think from a safety point of veiw you cant beat lambswool wash mitts and you can clean them properly.
    sfaest one ive seen yet but you cant get for love nor money is the dodo juice wookies fist.
    i met the guys at the auto sport international earllier this year and they had them then, it was litterally like one huge mound of fluff:awesome:

16. pektel

I really just like the sponges better because I can see if they are clean. The mitts tend to hide the contaminants. I do prefer the mitts for ONR washing though.

I also like just how much water I can get on the paint with a sponge. I haven't tried the wookie mitt yet. I suppose I'll give them another shot.

17. Brian N

Brian N Jedi Nuba

Huh, I would have thought it was the other way around. Zymol is the one has has had insanely high prices for years and years.

Anyways to get back on point. I think the zymol sponges feel great if I use any sponge that would be the only one. Otherwise it is a wool mitt for me.

18. Spyral

Spyral DB Forum Supporter

I am waiting on my DD sponge to get here. Hopefully it ships and arrives for this coming weekends detail!