1. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

I like products that work, end of story, I really don't care about costs but if I can find something that works for less I'm all over it!

I've been looking into Zep products as they are very affordable in general and I can get everything from a local distributor so no shipping!

So who uses Zep and what is good and bad? I have used High Traffic with good result, and just picked this up for $10.

[​IMG]

2. eyezack87

eyezack87 Guest

I started with a gallon of that shortly after doing some research here. That citrus degreaser works quite well. I love it at the paint dilution as a pre-wash spray on very dirty cars before foaming it up with my foam cannon :)

3. Ch40t1c

Ch40t1c Obsessive Detailer

I use their glass cleaner, purple degreaser, and the citrus you pictured. They all perform pretty well.

4. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

It says not safe for paint on the back... not that I really care what the label says :D

5. kc1337

kc1337 Obsessive Detailer

Epic stuff, love it to death!

6. oldcracker

oldcracker Jedi Nuba

what dilution would be safe on paint?

7. cnut

cnut Guest

I use the high traffic carpet cleaner,industrial purple,citrus degreaser,glass cleaner, and even there febreze like odor eliminator all with good success. They do have an all purpose cleaner that I would like to try. I hope this was helpful.

8. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

Zep Glass Cleaner is one of the best I have used. 1 oz to 32 ounces. Can't beat the price of like $8 or so a gallon.

9. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

High Traffic,Carpet Extractor ,Citrus Degreaser All work great . Pick them up from homedepot

10. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

Love me some zep citrus. I think I have like 4 or 5 gallons of it just because its so cheap and I use it so much. Goodbye TAW, forever. (TAW does smell amazing though)

11. richy

richy Guest

I got turned onto Zep products a year or so ago by some trusted members here on DB. I have been a huge advocate of them ever since. I use the Citrus, the purple degreaser, the glass cleaner (green one) and the High Traffic Lane cleaner. All are amazing and very cost effective. Lets hope they don't start making compounds or they'll give Menzerna a run for its money, LOL.

12. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I bought the Citrus and immediately returned it after reading the label, but this thread makes me reconsider.

13. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

Why did you return it Kyle?

Just because it says it isn't safe for paint?

14. Reflect

Yes sir.

15. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

16. Reflect

I would have cleaned that puke with my bare hands. Check yourself.

17. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

I have use the citrus stuff on paint with no issues. A little common sense goes a long way. Don't let it soak while you go in for lunch.

18. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

Kyle, just do yourself a favor and get some. Don't worry about the warning. I've used it concentrated on paint before with no issues, although I would recommend diluting it to suit the application. Like ken said, just use common sense and don't let it sit on there forever. I believe it says you can't use it on carpeting etc either, but I've used it 10;1 on carpeting, door panels, dashes etc with no problems.

19. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I have a gallon of Zep Citrus and I absolutely love it ... I use 4:1 for exterior and 5:1 for really nasty interiors and I have never had a problem.

Billy (billyblooshoes) always mentioned how good and inexpensive this product was, so I had to give it a try!!

20. Reflect

Looks like I'll be picking some up in a few months. How does it work on tires?

BTW Bill, I've been using that trick with adding a little soap to the wheel bucket. Awesome idea, thanks.