Zep High Traffic Carpet Cleaner question

Discussion in 'Interior Car Care' started by J BELL, Nov 21, 2008.

1. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Hey guys, booked a detail for tomorrow and was going to try this product out...went to home depot to get it and read on the back and it says to not use it with carpet extractor machines....i always spray on, let dwell, scrub, and then extract with my little green machine...i wonder if they were talking about not putting it in the actual machine? For those of you that it has gained popularity with, are yall using a machine to rinse the carpets out? Also, i didnt see anything about a dilution ratio..it says professional strength so i could only assume that i would need to dilute it..all of Zeps products are pretty concentrated...anyways after the ramble i would really appreciate some help..and as always thanks!

2. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

i know sparkie has used this stuff before... but that's about all the help i can give you. I would try out a test spot before you go all out.

I normally mist the carpet.... spray on my cleaner and agitate with a brush. Then extract

3. TexasTB

TexasTB Obsessive Detailer

We have a few different carpet cleaners from ZEP here in my town. I think there are 3-4, all gallon sizes. Some are for extractor use only. Always wanted to try them, but never follow through.

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Always mist on, scrub and extract with fresh water. Its the only way you'll ever get all the shampoo out of the upholstery. Thats some professional carpet cleaning outfits put the shampoo in the water. The residual shampoo attracts more dirt which means they will be called back more often.

5. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

So ZHT wont damage my LGM?

6. Cleaning Fool

Cleaning Fool Birth of a Detailer

I used to own a carpet cleaning biz until I sold it. I doubt it will hurt the machine at all. Like above, mist ZEP on the carpet, agititate it with a soft brush, let dwell 5-10 minutes and extract the ZEP with plain water and you will be fine.

7. DLR Detailing

DLR Detailing Jedi Nuba

You could end up with alot of foam to deal with, depending on how much ZHT you apply. This is where the "more is not always better rule" applies. A couple of sprays per section / area has been sufficient for me. If you do end up with too much foam, you can always go over the area with a damp microfibre towel and a bucket of warm water prior to using your LGM.

Also, i didnt see anything about a dilution ratio..it says professional strength so i could only assume that i would need to dilute it..all of Zeps products are pretty concentrated

I believe this product is ready to use, no dilution necessary. :shead: That is how I use it anyway. ZHT is excellent on heavy soiling and pet / kid odors. I used it on an interior that was home to family of mice for a period of time :gross: with great results. Be sure to let it dwell on the surface for sometime before extracting if you have some odor to remove.

The ZEP extractor shampoo is a different product especially for machine use and has a dilution ratio of 5:1. This is what I use most of the time along with a shampoo from Hi Temp. These are low foaming chemicals so no worries about excess foam buildup.

Good luck and be sure to take lots of pictures for us! :picture:

8. JohnyB

JohnyB Birth of a Detailer

I agree with DLR its probly a foaming issue. just keep an eye on you lgm you will be fine.

9. Purplewidow

Purplewidow Obsessive Detailer

i would bet a foaming issue or a type of solvent that might not agree with extractor internals..in a 2 min phone call you could have figured this out.. just give zep a ring

10. Cleaning Fool

Cleaning Fool Birth of a Detailer

Crystal Defoamer If you clean carpets regularly, a defoamer is an absolute must have. A couple ounces in the tank and it will kill the foam.