Zep Citrus Ratios

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by GDAL, Sep 11, 2009.

1. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Guys,

What Zep Citrus ratio should I use for engine cleaning?

How about to clean interior plastics?

I just got this stang with the nastiest stains on the tan door panels. It's 3 years old and it has never seen an interior detail.

2. Ch40t1c

Ch40t1c Obsessive Detailer

I've used it 1:1 on the engine and 8:1 as an APC, not sure if that's too strong but it works wonders for me.

3. GDAL

GDAL Guest

Do I have to cover the fenders with the 1:1 ratio? The engine is only dusty. I just want to make sure I don't damage the paint on the fenders and on the inner hood. The inner hood has grease that needs to be cleaned.

4. Ch40t1c

If not left on I don't think it'll damage the paint, you can cut it 2:1 if your worried - I'd talk to Richy see if he could provide some insight, he's the one that got me hooked on the Zep citrus and purple degreaser.

5. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

1:1 work very well. Just remember to rinse well.

6. kustomizingkid

kustomizingkid Nuba Guru

The purple degreaser is pretty intense stuff... I have found though is it will leave aluminum chalky.

7. richy

richy Guest

You could even use it straight on paint if you had some tar or grease or something nasty...just make sure to thoroughly rinse, that's all. It's strong so for interior work or carpeting, it can be cut a fair bit. Because it's so cheap, the most I cut it is 4:1.

8. kc1337

kc1337 Obsessive Detailer

Is it possible for you to give a list of dilutions and possible uses for the product at those dilution levels for the ZEP Citrus Degreaser? thanks

9. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I cut it to 5:1 for cleaning dirty door panels and it worked like a charm.

10. grease

grease Birth of a Detailer

Ive been using Zep Citrus forawhile. Cheap and very effective product, and I love the smell. I purchase it locally about 9$ for a gallon.

1:1 on a very dirty engine bay. 4:1 works well for bugs and debris on the bumpers and lower body panels. I use it undiluted for tar. Ill wipe it on, let it dwell, agitate, and then PW. 2 applications if needed. Ive never had a problem using it on paint, and Ive never let it dry, so take that for what its worth. I also use it for fenderwells and door jams, generally 4:1.
    Idont use it on the interior. I just have other products I prefer, that rinse better. But from its strength, I would guess that 10:1 is all thats needed for even the toughest jobs on vinyl and plastics inside. ITs a strong product, so be careful when experimenting on the softer surfaces. It also needs to be rinsed well, so keep that in mind.

11. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

10:1 up to 20:1 for interior cleaning, depending on how dirty it is.

4:1 on engines.
    2:1 on really bad engines.

I'm gonna go ahead and say it:

0:0 on paint. Find a different product.

12. kc1337

How about using it for the wheels? What dilutions?

13. Ch40t1c

2:1 or 1:1, test it out find what you like.

14. kc1337

Ok, this might be a retarded question on my part, but when you guys say 2:1, 4:1 dilution ratio, the first number is the amount of water and the second number is the amount of chemical, or is it the other way around?

15. GDAL

GDAL Guest

you are correct ... the 1st number is the water part and the second the chemical part. Most plastic sprayers have the measurements on the side, so you don't have to do any math.