Zep Citrus degreaser vs. Opt Power clean

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Socal Brian, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

I've never tried Opt power clean but was wondering how it compares to Zep Citrus degreaser? We know Zep is about 1/3 the cost of Power clean but maybe the extra cost of Opt Power Clean is worth it?

2. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I use both on a regular basis and both of them work great, but IMO Power Clean is somewhat overpriced.

3. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

You're not going to find Power Clean to be stronger than Zep Citrus. It seems costly but it's actually a value-based alternative to P21S TAW. Just as versatile but I think it's stronger than TAW.

4. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

I have a thread about this exact thing, just Opt PC vs. Megs APC.

I find Zeps to be perfect for tires, wheels, undercarriage etc.

I have reserved use of Opt PC for interiors surfaces, leather plastics etc. ( i always dress them afterwards with Zaino Leather or Prima Nero on the plastics) due to it not leave a sticky residue like Zeps and Megs APC can. I also use Opt PC for the exterior surfaces of the car as well.

Ive narrowed my go to products to Zeps and Opt PC. if that helps.

I use Folex for deep set stains. just to throw more confusion into the post LOL

5. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

zep citrus rules. i dont get why anyone else would really choose to use TAW or any alternatives when you can grab a gallon of zep for ten bucks...and then dilute it if you want. its a no brainer.

6. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

agree with billy and others.
    if you gona clay the car after in my opinion you dont need that strong of degreaser if your point is to strip LSP because clay usually removed any lsp that is on the car unless its couple layers of 845

7. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

I guess my thinking is what Kilo mentioned. That sticky residue left by Zep citrus. It would be nice to have just one go to APC for both interior/exterior and also not worry about dilution ratio's for paint safety.