Zanio'd: 2008 BMW 335i

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Dust2Glory, Jun 28, 2008.

1. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Rims/Tires/Wells:
    Rims rinsed and pre-soaked with Meg's WB, let sit for 30sec and agitiate with a grout sponge, inside wheels used EZ brush and rinsed off. They got a qd wipe down, and then got 2 coats of Z-5 and 1 coat of Z-2, in bwtn got Z qd.

Tires rinsed and pre-soaked with Grime reaper, agitated with black schmitt and rerinsed. Got two coats of new D2G tire dressing via body brush.

Wells rinsed and pre-soaked with Grime reaper, agitated with black schmitt and rerinsed. They got dressed with Adams UC

Wash:
    Body was rinsed off and then applied Awesome APC to front end, windshield and all lower panels. Then foamed with a mix of CG CCW/Meg's HW/Z-soap. Used 2 grit guard system with Z soap in bucket. Also used Z clay.

After claying, refoamed and let sit for 2 mins and washed off. For drying I sprayed the car down ith QD, then used Qd'd blue pearl drying towels and moved inside garage.

Paint work:
    I started off by ZFX'ng some Z-5 and did two coats with Z qd wipe down in between. I started off using a TW foam applicator, but found using the ones from Zaino were much easier to use. And finised off with a coat of ZFX'd Z-2. All buffing was done with those nice plush CG mf's (the new ones that are EXPENSIVE)

Tail pipes were cleaned with qd and 0000 wool pad, then polished with Deep Finish Chrome.

Glass cleaned with cobra WW and Pacifix Produx window cleaner

Interior:
    Vaccuum
    Quick APC wipe down, using Swissvax brush for dusing
    Leather got a quick wipe down as well
    Interior dressed with CG New Car Premium Shine (I think that's the name), used stoners trim shine for the vents
    Leather dressed with Leather cond.
    Used RL carpet protectand and CG odor neutralizer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You gotta love dealer tire dressing!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Random Shots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My Sig Shot:
    [​IMG]

2. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Ok, so now for my take on Zaino:

It was some good stuff. I think on this color it did it justice. Gave off some nice, crisp reflections and definately brought out the flake, even in the wheels. I don't know if a little does go along way, but in three months I'll be going back and we'll see how it stands up.

The down side is I wasted alot of product IMO. It says per directions to mix 1 ounce of product in a 2 ounce bottle and add 3-4 drops of curing agent. Well if a little is supposed to go along way, why would you want to mix up a whole ounce. Maybe if you were doing like a limo or something. But for this specific application about 3/4 of an ounce was wasted. On the z-2, i only put in about a quarter of an ounce and 2 drops of the ZFX and still have quite a bit left over.

So I think Sal needs to rethink his directions... and my only other thing is Z-5 smells ALOT like Duragloss TPP. And if you grab a bottle of current z-5 and DG TPP, you might see that the labels and print are the excat same thing. I'm not saying anything out loud... just an observation

3. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Thats wierd. When I did the wifes car (Nissan Altima) I found that it took me 1oz to do the car once. So that meant 3oz for three coats:shrug: I really tried to spread it thin like the directions said. What did you use for an applicator?

4. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

i used the white applicator it came with... about every other panel i would put about 10 little dabs back onto the applicator and have at it...

5. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Car looks really nice and Zaino did do it justice. I agree with you Dust a little goes a long way and I too have had ZFX'd Z5 or Z2 that I had to throw away after mixing up 1 oz. I was able to do 2 coats on the car and a coat on the wheels and still threw away quite a bit. The last time I used it I used less product and of course had less to throw away.

Just for kicks I went just then and measured out 2 oz of water in a measuring cup and poured it in the Zaino prep bottle for ZFX'd product. The bottle is not 2 oz it is about 2.5 or 2.75 oz. So to get 1 oz to prep don't fill it half way more like 3/8 and that would be more representative of 1 oz. I'll start doing this and I would venture to think I wouldn't have much left over.

As another side note I have a bottle of DG 105 that I bought locally and it is the EXACT same color, consistency, and smell of the Z5 Pro that I recently ordered. Now I just ordered another gallon of DG105 directly from Duragloss and it is a yellow creamy color. Completely different from the DG 105 that I bought locally.:shrug:

6. agentf1

agentf1 Jedi Nuba

My wife has a Space Gray 335i and I found that Z2p seems to bring out that color the best. It is a tough color to make stand out but I like the fact that it hides the dirt and always looks nice. I am getting too old to continue to buy black dd's.

I will admit that Zaino does smell similar to Duragloss but rest assured, they are definitely different. They are both very good sealant but still different. I think there are only so many scents available and the chemicals in a lot of different car care products are of the same family or very similar so you will see a lot of different products that will look and smell similar but are not the same. That said you will also find many ARE the same but I think it is mostly boutique type products that are relabeled by companies like Chemical Guys. For example I noticed that Chemical Guys EZ Creme Glaze looks and smells exacly like Z5p but they completly different in both their looks (on car) and performance such as durability.

Car came out great. I wish I held out for the convertible.

7. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

Awesome finish on the BMW, the silver finish is perfect!:thumb:

8. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

I can get up to 3 coats out of an ounce. My trick is to use 60CC syringes. It allows me to really control how much I'm using as well as waste very little (assuming I do 3 coats at a time when using ZFX). The great thing is if you don't accelerate with ZFX if you are doing one coat you can just put the product right back in the bottle when you are done if you have any left over.

I'm not quite sure how you got two coats out of a quarter ounce of Z5. That's amazingly thin or you missed a bunch of panels ;)

9. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

nice work !!

10. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

That looks awesome Michael! Sorry I missed your call earlier, I was washing my wife's Explorer and then was on the lake all afternoon. I don't think that Zaino is the same as Duragloss, I've used both...

But even if they were, it sure is great stuff no matter how you look at it. The DG will just be a bit cheaper!

11. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

That is some great work. AS mentioned before my only gripe with Zaino is ZFX, I love what it does and makes it possbile to layer a car all in the same day it is just always having the wasted product that I do not like. All in all it is some great stuff, the 335ci looks great

12. cwcad

cwcad Birth of a Detailer

Nice work. Very crisp look.

13. marlcoke

marlcoke Birth of a Detailer

- great work on a great car.
    - Z5P and 105, two totally different products...

14. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Great job man!:thumb:

15. richy

richy Guest

Lovely job on the Bimmer...the flakes are a jumpin'!!

16. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

Yeah we talked about this on the phone... and its funny that the bottles don't match up as well

Thanks bro, I am not offically saying that i think Z is relabeled DG, it was just an observation

Glad you liked it!:headbang:

Dude i could of missed a bunch of panels, maybe i was blacking in and out!!! I would start off with a dime size amount on the pad, and work it in and go off... about every other panel I would put about 10 pea sized drops on the pad and work in two panels, and this even includes doing the wheels

Thank Brotha JOE!

You are right bout the cost, again im not saying they are, just an observation... thanx anyway!

17. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

Nice work on a sweet ride.

1/2 oz is plenty to get 3 coats on most cars for me.

I thought I had checked the zaino bottles in the past and found them to be 2oz not using the cap or neck portion of the bottle.

You have peaked my interested, so I just did this little test.

MVI_6207.flv - Video - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

18. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

I have no idea how you do that :worship2: Im definately wasting product. What are you using to apply?

19. RussECU

RussECU DB Forum Supporter

Looks nice! Just curious what happens to a zfx'd product if you don't use it? I haven't tried Zaino so I am not sure. Does it get clumpy, hard, or something else?

20. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

well hopefully this will help some people realize that they too are wasting product

Thanks bro

:hippie:

:headbang:

:thumb:
    I will check it out

i started off using a TW foam applicator from big lots, but it wasn't gliding across the paint very well, very grabby,so I used the applicator that came with the kit and loved it!!

it runis the bottle, that's all the directions said.... after 12 hrs you can't wash the bottle out completely