Zaino Z2- Pro

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by D&D Auto Detailing, Nov 6, 2007.

1. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Alright, Im not a Zaino guy, and I prefer Carnauba looks over sealant. However, when it comes to customer cars they want durability and the majority wont see the difference between the two. Since I use CG JetSeal 109 right now, Id like to know how Zaino Z2- Pro compares to it. Opinions on Z2- Pro and compare it to CG JS if you can.

2. D&D Auto Detailing

Alright, I just read that you can layer Z2- Pro, but to do so you have to use ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator for the initial layer and after each layer if you apply them within 24 hours.

"For your initial application, enable Z-2 PRO™ by mixing with ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator as directed by the instructions included with ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator. It is critical that you use ZFX Flash Cure Accelerator with Z-2 PRO™ for the initial application, or if multiple layers are to be applied within a 24 hour time period.*"

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2..._Code=Z-2&Category_Code=Zaino&Product_Count=6

Here are the mixing instructions.

"1. Each ZFX™ kit comes with a 2ml vial of accelerator mix and several 2 ounce mixing bottles. A single ZFX™ kit provides enough mix to accommodate up to 32 ounces of Zaino Show Car Polish (Z-2 PRO, Z-3 or Z-5 PRO).

2. Pour one to two ounces of Show Car Polish into a 2 ounce mixing bottle. For each ounce of polish, add 4-5 drops of ZFX™ (no more than 10 drops for two full ounces), screw the cap back on, and shake vigorously for 60 to 90 seconds."

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=ZFX

Now I know why people say the Zaino process takes so long. IMO, this is a little crazy. I dont want to have to deal with mixing stuff up and applying that ZFX after every layer. Z2- Pro can be removed after 10- 15 min. under NORMAL conditions. The ZFX gets removed after 20- 30 min. So 1 layer takes 30- 45 min.

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I have been using Zaino for the past seven years. A lot of people who don't know anything about detailing, but are on the forums, tend to know or at least have heard of Zaino and it gets asked for. A lot.

I personally like Zaino. I don't use the ZFX bullshit, I'm old school and use Z1.

When I did an R32 not too long ago, I put down a layer of Z1, then some Z5, then some Z2 Pro. Usually actually two layers of Z2 Pro. Comes out looking perfect everytime and the customer is just over the moon. Which, in the end, is what matters. It's not what I think. It's what they think.

4. D&D Auto Detailing

Right, Im not trying to bash Zaino with this. I simply want to know how it (Z2- Pro) compares to CG JS. So Id like to know what application and removal is like, looks, durability, etc., etc.

5. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Oh, I know you weren't trying to bash Zaino. Sorry if I gave you that impression from my reply, didn't mean to make you think that.

I have only done one vehicle with Jetseal and must say that I was quite impressed. The application I found to be a bit easier and so was the removal. In looks, I couldn't have told the difference.

I don't like it that I have to put down Z1 first. That's a wasted step. Zaino takes a very long time to dry and "cure". Hell, my neighbor let's his cure for 12 hours before removing. I can put down JS, let it sit for 20 minutes and slap on another layer after that. Cannot do that with Zaino, unless you Z-FX it.

Talk about Z-FX, I was looking at it yesterday. It's EXPENSIVE!!! No thanks.

6. D&D Auto Detailing

I finding this system to be kind of confusing, but Im trying. About the ZFX thing, it says it should be used for the first coat, and any coat applied within 24 hours. By itself Z2- Pro takes 10- 15 minutes to haze, then you can remove it, UNDER NORMAL CONDITIONS. However, if this is your first coat, then you have to mix it with ZFX. When mixed with Z2- Pro, you have to let it haze for 20- 30 minutes, then remove it. When you mix the stuff, it must be used within 6 hours for optimum results. Whatever isnt used within 12 hours of mixing is trash.

On a side note, I totally agree with whatever makes the customer happy is what matters. HOWEVER, I dont believe people should use cheap products that dont last just because it makes the customer happy. They dont know better and we shouldnt be taken advantage of them. This isnt directed at anyone, nor am I saying Zaino is cheap, because isnt.

7. D&D Auto Detailing

Alright, I think Im going to give Z2- P a shot and see how it compares to JS.