Zaino & Duragloss?

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by Erik Mejia, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

I read somewhere that Dura-Gloss developed the formulas for Zaino. Is this true, or is it simple coincidence that some products just share similarities? Just curious, not trying to start a flame war here. Just wanted to know if it was true, that is all.

2. ahwil_lim

ahwil_lim Wax on..Wax off

its endless debate topic, hehe ... there are many forums talked abt this, search on google.

3. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

I have never read that DG did Zaino formula's. Simple fact is that there will be many similar products in the market that seems to be the same but are not. Never really read anything on it but would be interested to know just for curiosity sake.

4. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

It wouldn't surprise me. You would be amazed how many products are the same but in different bottles and containers :)

There are so many DG products that are similar to Zaino. Look at Z10 and the DG Leather Conditioner. You could spectulate and guess till your head fell off. Bottom line. I still like both Zaino and DG and will always continue to use them.

5. ahwil_lim

well said :thumb:

ankeet, click this thread Duragloss FC & Zaino Z6 - Same Product???? - Autopia.org

hope you like it wkakakaka :p:

6. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

I have been putting two and two together recently that many products are re-labeled and produced by one manufacturer. Take Chemical Guys for instance; they produce many products which are subsequently renamed and sold under a different company. That does not take away anything from their products because they are still just as good, the only downside is that you may end up paying more or less for the same product depending on the vendor you choose.

7. Pats300zx

Pats300zx Official DB Moderator

If you shop wisely you won't have any problems.... :applause2:

8. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Formulators use certain polymers ( there are approx 33,000 differing types) to exhibit certain traits in car care products – gloss, durability, sheeting, etc, etc, having said that there will naturally be similarities between products. But that doesn’t mean they are relabelled.

Many car care vendors go to larger chemical companies (i.e. Warner Chemicals) and request products formulated to their specifications; this saves each one having laboratories and R&D departments, and hopefully passing on the cost savings to the end user (I did say, hopefully) ;)

9. Erik Mejia

Erik Mejia Obsessive Detailer

Hey thanks for all the responses gentlemen. I really don't care if DG makes Zaino, but I don't want to purchase products that are virtually identical.

10. Bunky

Bunky Guest

It really does not matter but it does seem to upset Zaino users that if it was true that Duragloss and Zaino have some relationship (like contract manufacturing). This leads me to the conclusion that some Zaino users attachment to Zaino is based on emotion rather solely on fact as if it would negate the claims that have been made.

11. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I have used products from both brands and "most" products are extremely similar. The only product that I truly believe is the same is their quick detailers. I own both and they look, smell, and perform the same.

12. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

*cough* raceglaze *cough*

13. GDAL

GDAL Guest

do you mind elaborating on this one??

14. domino

raceglaze leather cleaner and conditioner is straight out gliptone

their signature cleanser looks and performs awefully similar to vic cleanser

so id hazard to bet their waxes come from the same place as well, right down to the product seperation of diff carnauba contents

but worlds best wax is the funniest, they take the award for rebottling

they dont even bother re-coloring the vic red and yellow waxes, but just went straight to ramping up the price :applause2:

edit - gotta upload a photo
    [​IMG]

15. Rennes

Rennes Jedi Nuba

interessting read. I was wondering the same thing when I got DG111 and was thinking it was a lot like Z2.

16. GDAL

GDAL Guest

So the Raceglaze 55 that I got is actually a Victoria Wax ... :waiting:

17. domino

no comment :thumb:

vendors may tell you otherwise though

18. mutmanns

mutmanns DB Forum Supporter

This thread is the same reason I stopped trying so many different products. I find something that works and stick with it.

19. domino

each to their own, you can argue never to try different sealants or even carnaubas because the base ingredients are the same, or different LSPs dont add much to the finish of a 99% prep'd car (refer Dave KG's wax test thread)

there's nothing wrong with trying new products as long as you're aware of the double up's

it gets a bit boring otherwise

20. ahwil_lim

Agree, getting bored if only use 1 or 2 waxes. most of us aware that all waxes have a similar base ingredients, except carnauba quality and contents. Scent n color easily to change. Some of us just bought bcoz of the BRANDS included me. However, feel bad if purchase the same product on huge different in price though.