Zaino Cars

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by Keenan T, May 22, 2010.

1. Keenan T

Keenan T Any Rag Vehicle Washer

2. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

One can always spot a car done with Zaino. :whistle:

3. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Nice work....can definitely see the Zaino shine in those pictures.

4. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

Those cars look great, nice work! I have never even been remotely interested in Zaino mostly because of the cult followers I have run into that make me disinterested in using it. I also have way too much in the way of waxes and sealants already but I have never seen anything Zaino can do over any other paint LSP.

5. bobbyt

bobbyt Virgin Detailer

That's an interesting canopy setup outside the garage.

I'm a zaino user myself but am starting to wear down from the whole application layering process ZAIO, Z5, z5, z2, z2, z8. It survives a Canadian winter well but often wonder if the layering thing is legitimate and not just a waste of product.

6. Wolfs Chemicals

Wolfs Chemicals DB Certified Manufacturer

Damn, you took the words right outta my mouth :). Seriously, I was gonna say the same exact thing about wanting to try Zaino... weird!

7. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I am personally done using Zaino as well. Was fun for a while, but all the different steps and the long curing times drove me insane. And spare me the ZFX story, I'm not doing it.

Looking at all the great waxes out there, and sealants such as Power Lock, there is no need for Zaino any longer in my arsenal. I'll use up what I have, but won't be restocking it.

8. Mindflux

Mindflux Welcome to Detailing

PL has a cure time. So does BFWD. I don't see how zaino is any more of a pain unless you consider the zfx catalyst a pain (which makes it easier to layer quicker anyway).

I just don't see any other sealants simplifying the process. Even Blackfire suggests you use their qd and car wash to add longevity to BFWD. (same for zaino):sorry:

9. Hostage1978

Hostage1978 Guest

I bought Zaino kits for friends and family as gifts I liked it so much.

That being said, there is no one manufacturer that I could stick with, nor would I limit myself to. There are so many great products out there. The honeymoon's over for me and Zaino. I liked it when I used it, but I've had no trouble finding better replacements for every single one of their products...and that's just from one haul from DD! thanks Phil:D

10. Keenan T

Keenan T Any Rag Vehicle Washer

another thing to is that it is very expensive to buy alot of the products. Would any of you guys suggest that i buy a citrus degrease before i start the dawn process

11. timpryor

timpryor Birth of a Detailer

If your going to be claying and buffing, the dawn process is not needed, just use a quality car wash(I use Perls)

12. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

Buy a Citrus wash soap to strip it and you'll get the degreasing + stripping power. I would still soften up the worst spots first with APC though.

13. P1et

I would disagree. Since I refuse to buy ZFX and meth-lab it all together with my little chemistry kit, I first have to put down a layer of either Z1 or Z-AIO. They don't make Z1 any longer and I find Z-AIO difficult to apply and remove. Then I need to put down a layer of Z5, let that cure for a while, then remove it. Then I need to put down my layer of Z2 Pro, let that cure, then remove. I can skip all these steps and just put down a layer of Jetseal 109 or Power Lock and then top it with a nice wax. No prizes for figuring out why I don't reach for Zaino anymore.

14. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

Werkstat AJT. nuff said :D

15. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

This. I can seal a whole car with AJT including the glass in around ten minutes with AJT and achieve a great look and great durability.

16. Mindflux

You can to Z-AIO straight to Z2. If you're trying to hide swirls by using Z5 then what are you using to glaze/hide swirls on the car with JetSeal 109 or PL? You're effectively skipping steps comparing the two applications. :shrug:

I think if you added EZ Creme Glaze to your JS/PL+Wax step, you're still at 3 steps and it's easier than your 3 step Zaino listed above. If I'm mistaken about JS109 or PL having swirl fillers (glazing ability) please correct me, otherwise I see your application comparison flawed.

:bla2:

17. Mindflux

Spray on 'sealants' .. total MEH there.

18. P1et

I'm just going to make it easy instead of comparing all day long: in MY opinion Zaino had its place. However, in the past few years many other products have come to the market that are both easier and more enjoyable to use. I am not saying Zaino is a bad product. I just don't find them "fun" to use any longer.

Jetseal 109 + EZ Creme Glaze + nice wax is still easiser than Z-AIO + Z5 + Z2 Pro.

19. Mindflux

For the price of a "nice" wax and JS109 I'll keep using Zaino. I like the look it gives and the price of JS109 is (IMHO) not worth it and I think any wax over about ~$30 for an 8oz tub to be overpriced and too 'botique-y' for me.

To each their own. I have clients that specifically request Zaino, so I can't just go dropping it. But I also don't find the system difficult to use, ZFX or not.

20. P1et

I've got the same thing, so I cannot get rid of it either.