Z06 Corvette gets Swissvax

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by RNickolas, Jul 5, 2009.

1. RNickolas

RNickolas Obsessive Detailer

After receiving my order from Phil, I was looking for any excuse to try out my new Swissvax. On my dad's truck I applied Concorso and absolutely loved it, so i wanted to see what the bottom end swissvax looks like so I got onyx. Anyways onto the detail and ill give my comments at the end.

Products
    Meguiar's Gold Class Wash
    Meguiar's All wheel cleaner
    Swissvax Wheel brush
    Prima Amigo
    Swissvax Onyx

onto pictures

Dirty car:
    [​IMG]
    doesn't look dirty, but upclose....
    [​IMG]

Dodo Juice Supernatural did a good job protecting the paint and keeping rain and stuff from making the paint look worse!

No pictures of the wash because it started raining in the middle of it.

Anyways dried it with a meguiar's waffle weave towel and in the light of the garage noticed some minor swirls...
    so out comes the brinkmann and sure enough
    [​IMG]
    light marring and some swirls and a RDS, I didn't want to bust out the polishers as I just got a rotary and need to practice on that more before I take it to the vette.

So I busted out the Prima Amigo glaze (instead of the RMG) just to try something different (used it once before)

After the Prima, I used blackfire wet diamond to seal my wheels, and applied it to my window exteriors to repel water (yes i drive it in the rain sometimes)

So out came the Onyx, wow its gritty, but it applies like a dream, it was super oily and super easy to spread thin. Let it haze, wiped it off, and finished the interior of the car by wiping everything down with a damp microfiber cloth. Left it in the sun for 3 hours then I sprayed cold distilled water and buffed the paint with Supreme Shine microfiber here are the results:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So all in all what do I think?

at 90$ this stuff is awesome! It looks great, there is a difference between this and concorso but with concorso being in the 200$ range this will do just fine for most people. Look wise I prefer it over Supernatural which can be seen here
    [​IMG]

supernatural is clear and glossy while Onyx is deep and rich, however I have no clue on durability.

Now the reason I have Onyx is because several people on DW love topping sealants with Onyx because it looks amazing, so Im excited to try it!

2. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

WOW! Love your car man.
    And I agree Onyx looks better on your car than SN.

3. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Thanks for the pics, and your thoughts on the Onyx..