Your Year in Review & Goals for 2012

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by hamza7, Dec 30, 2011.

1. hamza7

hamza7 Welcome to Detailing

This year is almost ending some may be happy and some may be sad. 2011 was a good year for me, around this date is when I first started my quest for finding a reputable detailer that's how I initially got into "detailing" by stumbling on a thread about the basics of detailing. I then started asking more and more questions as my curiosity grew and Aldric aka Kyoshiro (he was answering most of my questions) induced me to DB where I met you lot and can say I have a few more friends from around the world.

Also school was good to me this year, this is my first break in a year thats longer then a week, I'm taking one semester after another and life at home is also perfect.

Goals for 2012

-Get better marks in school
    -Purchase my own vehicle
    -Post a write up
    -Purchase only detailing necessities, hype of the month purchases was this year
    -Enhance my knowledge in photography

How was your year, changing anything for 2012???

2. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

goals for 2012

-in regards to detailing.. do more with less ( i have too much crap and need to use it up)
    -get a weenie dog
    -keep my family safe and healthy
    -support my wife in her career path
    -buy an hk416
    -finish my Saiga 12 conversion
    -vote for a new president

3. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

Continue getting 90%+ in school
    Increase advertising by double
    Move my analytics hits to above 40 hits per day
    Find a job in finance, if I don't go back to school for another year
    Ride in the Ride to conquer cancer
    Lose 50 lbs, and get back to riding fit again

4. kyle butler

kyle butler Birth of a Detailer

Keep learning about how to properly take care of my car
    Improve my health
    Get more certifications
    Do some group rides
    Complete a bike race

5. RaskyR1

RaskyR1 Jedi Nuba

Goals for 2012:

• Keep on top of my fitness/health (especially core training) and get back to my goal weight and body fat %
    • Finish my web page
    • Continue to phase out DD cars and focus more on special interests cars
    • Purchase scissor lift and some other new equipment
    • Try not to take on too many cars and allow time to enjoy life a little.
    • Save for home addition
    • Try and publish more AAP blog articles

6. Paul S

Paul S Birth of a Detailer

Been looking forward to retiring from trucking and starting a detailing by appointment business.This year it all came together. Retired at the end of September. Every day is Saturday now. Attended SEMA and came home and hit the ground running. Doing 1-2 cars a week and booked through January. No advertising yet, only word of mouth with friends and family.
    For 2012 I want to refine my technique to be a little quicker and remember to schedule some play time for trips to chill-lax as the grandkids say.

7. onebaucom

onebaucom Birth of a Detailer

Goals for 2012

Learn more about products & car detailing
    Lose weight
    Improve my grades
    Stop procrastinating

That's all I can think of so far...

8. godoman

godoman Jedi Nuba

Lose weight, start mastering interior detailing

9. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

_ Get Dental Work Done :(
    _Try to find a job that pays well enough so I only have to work one instead of two.
    _Get more detailing business
    _Buy a Kranzle, interior repair kit, healight resto supplies (including curing lamp)
    _More audio upgrades for the car (especially speakers and dynamat)
    _Due for an eye exam and want contacts this time instead of glasses.
    _Always need to spend more time with my family.

10. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

be healthy, be happy and wash a lot of cars and use the earning to invest.

11. Schleprock

Schleprock Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Stay on this side of the grass.

12. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

2011 has been a rough and good year for me. Many ups and downs. In review, I had to rename my detailing company ( from Okcebo to Elegance Auto Detailing) which turned out for the better. I bought myself a new car and a cat (first pet since I've been living on my own - 7 years.) I've reached a relationship plateau in having been 2 years with no complications with the same woman. This was the first year of my independent life where I have been VERY comfortable financially in which it has allowed me to progress on my car and other hobbies. (I'm not posting my negative crap btw:p)

My goals for 2012 are pretty simple:
    -Finish "carbonizing" the RX-7 (you'll see later on)
    -Finish my V-Mount and brakes set-up on said RX-7
    -Double business in detailing
    -Change career path with the "regular" job. I'm heading towards automotive sales - got an interview at Mazda on the 11th (fingers are crossed)
    -Lose 25 lbs.
    -Win the lottery? :p

I just really want to keep going ahead with what I've started this year, only with less drama and crap going on at the same time. I know I'm a few hours early at this moment, but Happy New Years to all of you!

13. thecarguy

thecarguy Virgin Detailer

My goals for 2012 are pretty basic . On August 25th I was diagnosed with colon cancer , so far treatments have been successful . I will be going under the knife on January 11th to have my colon removed and then 4 more months of chemo after that . My goal is to beat cancer and get back to detailing cars :)

Cory

14. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

Cory --

You have had a full plate and will have one the new year as well.
    Please know that we are very concerned, will keep you in our prayers, and are ready to help in any way we can.
    Hang tough, ok ?

All the Best,
    Dan F

15. chemgys99

chemgys99 DB Forum Supporter

I had a pretty good 2011. I started my own side detailing business and it so far has been going pretty well. I also got engaged in the summer and couldn't be more lucky to have found the woman im gonna spend the rest of my life with.

In 2012 my goals are to get more side work of course.
    Get more products I need n not just buy stuff for the hell of it.
    Continue to try and make my Evo a show car
    I got EPA certified this year and looking forward to continue to train with turbojoe to learn how to paint cars.
    Finally I know this isn't a goal but my father was diagnosed with Colon cancer a month ago. Just hope he can kick cancers ass this year and be cancer free. Cory I wish u the best and u will be in my prayers as well.
    Happy new year everyone.

16. Misha

Misha Nuba Guru

goal is to get some side work since im graduating college in summer (done with it just graduation ceremony not till july)
    start saving up for a house