Your favourite tire products....

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Carn, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

As the thread's name implies, what are your favourite tire shine products ?

I find the Meguiars Endurance Gloss gel works really well leaving a nice shiny finish without any spray when driving afterwards :cool2:

2. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Optimum tire shine and swissvax Phnu

3. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Zaino Z-16 Perfect Tire Gloss™, also contains UV Radiation protection

Tyre Dressings:
    For any tyre protect ant to work well on rubber it must be applied to a clean surface. A rubber cleaner (Menzerna Wheel Surface and Tire Cleaner pH 7.5 or 3M Tire & Wheel Cleaner -39036) will remove old dressing, any dead rubber and properly prepare your tyre for the application of a protectant. The porous nature of rubber and polymers attracts dirt, dust, and brake dust and road grime.

Water-based silicone dressings - usually a milky-white liquid, (Polydimethylsiloxane (PDS) that doesn’t contain petroleum distillate; silicone oils, waxes, or solvents that can harm rubber and/or vinyl over time Water-based dressings use a combination of natural oils and polymers to offer a non-greasy, satin finish. Some of these products also contain ultra violet radiation (UVR) blocking agents to help keep tires from cracking, fading and hardening. Most, if not all water-based dressings are biodegradable whereas solvent- based silicone is not.

Solvent-based silicone dressings - usually a clear greasy liquid, (Dimethal (DMS) that contain petroleum distillate solvents as a cleaning agent, they remove the elasticity from vinyl, rubber and paint; causing them to evaporate out of the substrate, leaving behind a dry inflexible surface. The difference between water and solvent based is in the carrier system used. Solvent based products use a hydrocarbon silicone to suspend the product. When you apply it, the solvent evaporates leaving the dressing's active ingredients (silicone oil) behind; this type of silicone is also not biodegradable. Most high gloss products are based upon DMS silicone oil.

4. richy

richy Guest

DP Tire gel..Love the stuff.:yippie:

5. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

DP tire gel, Optimum tire shine are my favorite. Pinnacle and Wolfgang are very nice also.
    Meguiar's is not bad either, but I prefer DP.

6. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

Zaino Z-16

7. littlemissGTO

littlemissGTO Welcome to Detailing

Zaino Z-16.

8. eShine

eShine Guest

For quick/easy especially on large tires Stoners More Shine. For all others, Optimum Tire Shine looks best FOR ME.

9. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

pinmicle black onyx tire gel!!! awesome 2 coats leave a nice shine. water based!

10. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

That would be AA Tire Gel topped with PB Natural Look...

11. Sparkie

Sparkie Wax on..Wax off

Armor All Extreme Gel and Black Magic Tire Foam.....

12. Kron

Kron Two Bucket System Washer

Blackfire Long Lasting Tyre gel is really A1 good.

13. marlcoke

marlcoke Birth of a Detailer

2 coats of Zaino Z-16

14. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

I used to use Optimum Tire Shine, when I bought my gallon back in September 06' it was right around $20 a gallon. Now it costs $35 a gallon. I don't use it anymore, however it is a very nice product.

Right now I'm using AA Origional, I can get it for $20 a gallon and it looks nice and lasts decently.

I'm looking at CG VRP when I run out of my current stock.

15. agentf1

agentf1 Jedi Nuba

:agree:

I love Z16. I even adda little Z16 to my Z10 for the plastic interior parts. You can adjust the level of gloss you want by adding more Z16 to the Z10. I like it with a 8:2 mix of Z10/Z16.

16. Obsessive Detail

Obsessive Detail Pro Detailer - Lifetime Member

Optimum Tire Shine here.

17. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Cg Vrp. Nice water based dressing, not a silicon gel. Leaves the surface with a matte look that is dry to the touch. Can be diluted for less shine. Sorry the picture isnt that good.

[​IMG]

18. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

How about some pics with the opinions...... Gives me an idea of what each product looks like once applied.

19. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Optimum tire shine:

[​IMG]

20. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

CG VRP
    Surf City
    CG NS
    OPT