Your Favorite Tar Remover?

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Denzil, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Just as the thread title suggests, what is your favorite tar remover?

To be quite honest I haven't really tried any dedicated tar removal products yet and was wondering if I could get some insight from you lovely folks on DB. So what works best for you? I'm looking to pick up some products to try out (although that's always the case, LoL) and see how well they work for me.

Thanks in advance guys and gals! :headbang:

Edit:
    Here's the list of products to try out...

I just realized I have some of the above items but haven't had the opportunity to use them on some heavily tarred vehicles. :doh:

Anyway, off to find out what works best for me in the following months to come. :thumb:

2. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

I like the Sonax Tar Remover but I don't think it is available in the US. Tardis is also highly recommended but I haven't tried it myself because the Sonax does such a good job ;)

Sorry I can't be of more assistance :(

3. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

AS Tardis can't be shipped to the US either. That was going to be my choice for product, but I can't get it :(

4. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I think there was a good thread about this not too long ago, Dust2Glory started it...

5. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Im interested as well Denzil...

6. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

7. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Awesome, thanks a bunch Eric.

I thought I'd update my original post to make a listing of some tar removers to try for my reference and for others as well.

8. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

Ive used tarminator, meg's body solvent, TAW, etc... PB bug squash was stronger then any of them, even diluted 3:1

I thought tarminator was terrible, it barely did anything

9. milabfocker

milabfocker Jedi Nuba

Both Hi - Temp Tar Remover and Acry - Solv work very well.

10. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

11. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh don't you guys worry, I now have two 55Gallon drums in my possession of Tardis, just working out the final details on shipping. Shipping such an explosive product is harder then I expected, but I don't give up easy ;)

12. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Autoglym Tar and Adhesive remover. Excellent product.

13. SSTG

SSTG DB Forum Supporter

I need something better than my Megs body solvent.Hint hint Carlos. I also have tarminator..seems to be better than the Megs.

14. Nica

Nica Banned

I know sorry guys, it's taken me longer then I anticipated to be able to ship Tardis out, I've got so much Tardis now that there will be plenty to go around to all Detailing Bliss members and I would still have enough to last me for this full year :cheerl:

I enjoyed using Tarminator, but just a few things, things I didn't like about it. One it takes too long to work and two because it takes too long you have to use quite a bit of it...but before I had Taardis this iwas the only thing I found got the job done...even though it took it's time :roll:

15. Denzil

Denzil Guest

Awesome Carlos... I had almost given up on Tardis. Thanks for keeping my hopes up, LoL.

16. Nica

Nica Banned

I'll snap some pictures of the barrels and the amount of individual canisters that came with it :cheerl:

you know to keep the small candle light of hope allive.

17. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Best make sure that stuff hasn't evaporated yet! I sure wish I had an opinion on Tardis!:poke:

18. Nica

Nica Banned

Oh no, the barrels are completely full...supper heavy too, I'm just happy DB Boss gave me some room to store the stuff, it would never fit in my garage.

I haven't been able to ship Tardis to anyone, I have to be very careful with how it's shipped and that's what the delay has been. Once I get the shipping all sorted out I "may" send samples but I'm not sure how the samples will work :shead:

19. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

No problem! You said that you have some of those listed but haven't tried them yet. Do you have Grime Reaper or Bug Squash?

20. Carn

Carn Welcome to Detailing

Make sure you keep that candle away from your pallet's of Tardis though :devil: