Your Favorite Lubricating Shampoo

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by J BELL, Feb 15, 2009.

1. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

For me, the lubricating properties of a shampoo are most important. I keep my truck clean enough to not need a powerful cleaner...im in the market for a new shampoo in bulk...

I am currently in love with 1Z Perls shampoo because i feel it is the slickest i have ever used...but i prefer to buy a product in bulk if possible..

I use a regular shampoo alternated with 1Z Perls every other wash..

I have tried the following and am looking for better:
    DG 901
    CG Maxi Suds
    CG CWC at non-stripping strength
    Megs Shampoo Plus

Here is what i am thinking so far...1Z Glanz shampoo (any thoughts?) Optimum Shampoo MS Ultra Gloss..the list ends there for right now

I would appreciate any suggestions..i have found the 1Z Glanz in a 10 L and all the rest in gallon sizes....any help would be great!

2. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

Have you tried CWG? I used Maxi Suds before, I'm gonna keep it to a pre-wash soap.

3. matrix_808

matrix_808 DB Supporter

I like Hyper Wash, very good lubricity and will last you a while.

4. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

Do you use a foam gun?

Even with my shitty little Vroom $8 soap dispenser, I get *much* better lubricity out of Duragloss 902 (shooting the soap on the paint right before hitting it with the mitt) than I ever did with just 2 buckets.

5. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Optimum is one of the slickest shampoos you will ever find. I also like Megs #62 from professional line. Pinnacle is also very nice, but is quite pricey.

6. blas

blas Birth of a Detailer

i love duragloss shampoo!

7. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

My vote is for MS Ultragloss. Maybe not as slick as Optimum but leaves a much better shine afterward. I liken it to the soap version of a QD as far as shine goes.

8. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

P21S is my favorite by far. Expensive? Maybe. But its damn nice soap.

9. ampbmw

ampbmw DB Forum Supporter

1Z perls is mad slick! But, I must say that Swissvax Car Bathe is even slicker. I do have both 1Z and SV, and I much prefer the SV if the issue is strictly slickness and lubricity. Also, I guess I feel more comfortable using the SV since my wax is Swissvax Smaragd (my favorite swissvax wax).

I will say this though, swissvax does not sud much, but I actually have learned to like that very much, and that is because the soap is extremely mild, and I feel if a soap suds too much that it is acting too strongly on my wax. The nice thing about swissvax is that it does sud some, and I actually think it suds a litter more than the 1Z at first. but then the suds break up and form beads that rinse off in an instant.

my two sense

10. musc

musc Jedi Nuba

I have went through a lot of shampoos looking for the perfect one...one that is slick, suds a little, and doesn't strip LSP. For the price, CG CWG/CWC at maintenance strength is hard to beat. I have never had an issue with stripping LSP. But even with this, I wanted more lubricity. I couldn't add more product because of the risk of stripping LSP. So I started adding 1oz of ONR to my 4 gallons of wash water (so, 1oz of CG CWG and 1oz of ONR). I noticed that there was more lubricity. So I got the idea of trying 1oz of a pH neutral shampoo, one that wont strip LSP at nearly any concentration. So I started adding roughly 1oz (well, 1 capfull) of P21S shampoo. This combo rocks!

So I came up with my own combo that is super slick, suds a little when i want it to, doesn't strip LSP, and cleans great! My base wash will probably always be 1 oz CG CWG and 1oz ONR ( I have a bunch of it), but I am starting to experiment with other pH neutral shampoos as well.

Why limit yourself to one shampoo at a time? If you have a bunch of shampoos sitting around, trying mixing them together. I think you'll be surprised with the new found lubricity, and it really isnt that much more expensive! :thumb:

11. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

Out of Adam's, Optimum and Poorboy's Super Slick 'n Suds, I've gotta go with the PB SSS. Optimum and Adam's are no slouch either, but the PB's seems to like my tap water the most.

12. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

IMO, nothing beats Ultima Paint Guard Wash.

13. Bunky

Bunky Guest

As for PB SSS, I think the 1oz to 2 gallons can be diluted even more. What dilution do you use?

14. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Car-Lack68

15. MadOzodi

MadOzodi Nuba Guru

I ran out of PB SSS at the end of '07/beginning of '08 so I can't remember exactly, but I think I stuck to 1oz. to 2 gallons with a splash for good measure. If the car isn't that dirty, I guess you could get away with diluting it even more.

16. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

Thanks to all that have replied...any 1z glanz shampoo users?? Im gonna look through and write all this down and maybe order a bunch of small sizes and then pick the one i like and get a gallon..

17. blk45

blk45 Jedi Nuba

Great soap! Very reasonably priced too.

Great soap as well, but a little pricey.

18. blas

blas Birth of a Detailer

wd-40 + dawn concentrated!

just kidding!.. :D

19. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

Iz Persl or P21S get my vote