Your favorite LSP applicator

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by kyoshiro, Jan 24, 2011.

1. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

So I've gone thru a few different ones
    Autoglym one that comes with HD Wax
    Lakecountry CCS type
    Red applicator with no dimples
    Uber yellow applicator
    my godly palms

Those I have but havent used
    Swissvax CF applicator (white)
    Swissvax Wax applicator (black)

And in my experience...

For wax, the CCS type worked well as the wax stayed on the surface and gave me a good thin layer but when worked with sealants, it soaks it all up and goes down hill from there. I would probably say the swissvax applicators may actually be better as its more thin and allow a better ergonomic approach to swabbing. I do find the CCS to be way to big to get a smear off sometimes :(

For Sealants, I have found the uber yellow applicator as one of my favorite applicator and the easiest to clean when applying sealants. I loved it so much that I ordered 10 of them all thanks to phil sending it to me with the opti-seal on one of my previous orders.

So overall I would say so far the Uber yellow applicators is the winner for me so far until i open up the swissvax ones lol

Whats your favorite applicator?

2. Cooter

Cooter Guest

Good ole Meg's GC foam applicators. Or the 4in applicators in general.

3. domino

domino Welcome to Detailing

depends on the wax

my go to for pastes is the lc gold flat concours 4" I use with my polishing pal

if I can tap the whole wax out of the jar (eg; bfms, lusso, souveran) than I'll apply by DA using a 6" lc gold flat concours

for sealants I use the mint round mf pocket apps, they go by a few names and are blue on the mf side, and white on the reverse

for wheels and exhaust tips I prefer the dodo finger pockets

4. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Blackfire Concours (4" round ) for wax and Blackfire Ultimates ( 3x5 yellow/white ) for sealants.

5. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

:agree: with this for waxes.

For sealants and leather treatments, I use the 4" mf apps I can buy at Target ;)

6. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I find the yellow Meguiars applicators to be hit or miss. At times they can work well, other times they are rock hard. I like the red Uber applicators although I wish they made a smaller version for the new Swissvax pots.

7. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

yellow foam ones, BF gold round and oval ones, GG red small pads with the finger holder

8. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

My hands for waxes!

For Sealants/liquid waxes I like a CCS Blue/Red/Gold.

Megs GC applicators have been fine for me so far for wheel sealant.

Tire shine goes on with a sponge.

9. AZN_C300

AZN_C300 Birth of a Detailer

LC CCS blue with a Pal for wax and sealants. Although I'm running into the same issue as you with liquid sealants getting absorbed too fast. I've been thinking of trying out the hydrotech pads for liquid sealants, but wish they'd have a pad with zero cut.

10. Stokdgs

Stokdgs Detail Master

Dont forget that Lake Country makes a Hydro-tech Crimson Pad now, that is just perfect for applying LSP's by machine, or if you want to, by hand. No cut, much softer than their Cyan and Tangerine Hydro Pads..

I personally like to use the small foam round yellow ones, as they are thin enough to not absorb too much of a liquid LSP, and just right for applying a wax. And they are inexpensive to throw away when they no longer work for your particular need.

Dan F

11. Kilo6_one

Kilo6_one DB Forum Supporter

Im partial to the applicator that came with the P21s, but I like the Uber Yellow pads due to the size and consistancy of the foam from pad to pad.

Proper sells yellow pads, but they are smaller then the Uber which was not noted in the listing, but may be good for those looking for a smaller yellow foam pad, its about 4" in diameter.

12. AZN_C300

AZN_C300 Birth of a Detailer

"Crimson Finishing Foam - The crimson foam is designed to apply waxes, glazes, and sealants in flawless, even coats without causing swirls. The soft foam has very light polishing ability, making it a great choice for cleaner waxes, too. Since the crimson pad is made of Hydro-Tech foam, it does not soak up liquid waxes and paint sealants like some finishing pads can. You'll be able to cover more paint with less product. "

Description says it does have polishing ability so does have some cut?

13. Trents_goat5.7

Trents_goat5.7 Jedi Nuba

I like the Adam's foam hex grip applicator, and the Americana applicator. I also like the red UFO apps that DD sell.

14. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 Jedi Nuba

I like the standard yellow foam applicators. Once used they make great tire gel applicators.

15. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

the key thing to the uber yellow foam applicator i think is that its hollow in the middle thus the only foam that'll go absorbing is the top and bottom which is relatively less than a full on foam applicator.
    and also because of the hollow middle, its easier to squeeze extra sealants that get stuck inside (gross process but seriously the pad goes yellow again lol

16. dankfanatic

dankfanatic Guest

4" red/gold pad on a polishing pal, or the CG red applicators get my vote.

17. Upper Class Detailing

Upper Class Detailing DB Pro Supporter

For sealants yellow Pinnacle pads
    For waxes CCS Red pad

18. TheRustySuper

TheRustySuper Obsessive Detailer

I'm looking for a good applicator for sealants...I've been using the blue Zymol applicators and they work well for waxes but I haven't liked them much for sealants. What is the brand of applicator that you're talking about? I'd like to try them out.

19. blacK20

blacK20 Birth of a Detailer

What is this polishing pal you guys are talking about? Where can I get one?

20. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing