Your favoirte washing device (mitt/sponge/etc)

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by Dontsleeponit, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

Its a common question that Im sure has been asked before, but what are DB's members using these days for washing. I mostly use the LC Ulti-Mitt, I have a sheepskin that I used to always use and still do sometimes, and I have a MF covered sponge I plan to use for rinseless.

Whats everyones favorite mitt or sponge or whatever you want to call it.

2. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

i uses a chennile wash mitt, i find it works best with onr

3. Nica

Nica Banned

hmmm...well I got a few, I still don't mind using the Black, White ShMITT and I've been using the Zymol Sponge...they all work well but I like the Black ShMITT, has a really good bite to it and I only use it knowing that I'm doing a paint corrections.

But I'm pleased with all the washing utensols I currently have and use :thumb:

I've heard great things about the Sea Sponge? Not a cheap bugger but sounds like a good sponge :confused: dont' know much about it though, or why it's so expensive?

4. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I like the Home Depot grout sponge, and the sea sponge if price was not involved.

5. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I still gotta try out that grout sponge..

I use white/yellow shmitt, sheepskin mitt, and microfiber mitt.

6. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

Lc mitt here :D

7. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

In order, MF Chenille wash mitt (looks like a Fraggle), White/Yellow Schmitt, the Boars Hair brush for the tops of SUVs.

8. RussECU

RussECU DB Forum Supporter

Yep what he said minus the boars Hair brush.

9. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Sheepskin for vehicle, chenille for wheels.

10. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

This is my go to on paint, I use grout sponges for wheels and I have them cut into various sizes for different size rims, wheels

11. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I like the ShMITT. Stocked up on those.

12. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

LC ulti mitt.

13. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

I have two Ulti-mitts that I alternate on details, Pinnacle Bug Sponge... short handle boars hair brush.... green body brushes. RV brush

14. Dontsleeponit

Dontsleeponit Jedi Nuba

When you guys say chenelle you mean the MF chenelle? the one that looks like dread locks?

What kind of RV brush? Ive been looking for something to get for my dad's rig, boar's hair is too expensive though.

15. Tonya

Tonya Welcome to Detailing

I agree with what he said :computer:

16. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Have tried Ulti-Mitt, but still prefer a Shmitt over it... White/yellow is my favorite.
    Sea sponge is nice, very soft, and works the best with Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo (glides so easily)...it's pricey, I probably won't be getting more of them, had 2 or 3...still have 1 laying around...
    Maybe it kinda for nostalgic feeling of car washing, using natural sea sponge with a coconut shampoo (Pinnacle), and they dry up a a with a chamois...Pittards dry soft champois...

17. Nica

Nica Banned

supercharged, those natural sea sponges sound very interesting...I know I'll get one or two soon becuase my washing tools are close to the end of there life...that and it's always good totry something new :thumb:

Thanks for the infor

18. vrwm

vrwm Jedi Nuba

X2 FTW :chest:

19. ehuth1

ehuth1 Birth of a Detailer

:mounty: +1 for the grout sponge!

20. cwcad

cwcad Birth of a Detailer

For me the best is a lambs wool wash mitt. I have a Schmitt that was given to me by another forum member and have used it. It works but I prefer the lambs wool mitt. If taken care of the wool mitt lasts a long time for my washing regimine. I did like the Schmitt for a rinseless wash though.