Y'all gonna be jealous!

Discussion in 'Detailing Bliss Lounge' started by JoeyV, Aug 28, 2012.

1. JoeyV

JoeyV Welcome to Detailing

I just spent $100....and I got the following

9 500ml bottles of Sonax shampoo
    8 500 ml bottles of Sonax wheels cleaner
    2 cans of Sonax tire cleaner
    and
    1 tub of Sonax Carnuba wax.

I'm pretty happy! :worship2:

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

And rightly so! Major score!

3. Pureshine

Pureshine DB Pro Supporter

Ok I am!

4. Andy6228

Andy6228 Birth of a Detailer

Wow! Great deal

5. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

wow. where from?

6. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

The wheel cleaner and wax are good items

The 8 Full Effect bottles are worth more than $100 alone, everything else is gravey

Did aomeone's wife get pissed off and fire sale all his supplies? Lol

I haven't used the shampoo or tire cleaner before

7. JoeyV

No one's wife got pissed. The way things work in Canada, is that while every Canadian Tire is franchised, every building/store is still privately owned, therefor, the owner can choose to sell specific brands or not. In this case, a Quebec store owner chose to sell Sonax/Jacques Villeneuve brand. He's from this part of the world, and the owner figured it was a brand worth carrying. Now take the fact that no one other than us detailers really knows the brand Sonax, and mix it with the fact that people in general who care about their cars in Quebec, don't like Jacques Villeneuve and would not buy a product just because his face is on the label. What o you get? Sonax products being liquidated at $4 a bottle.

[​IMG]

I grabbed a bunch of products and brought them home to try to see if they were the exact same stuff the regular Sonax is, here are my findings:

Foaming Tire cleaner - In the past, my experience with this type of product was quite bad, but at the price, I figured I'd try it. The product works great. The tires came out nice and clean, it didn't remove my tire gel (bold n brite) and it actually rejuvenated it, making them darker and repell water like it was just applied

The complaint: It foams well, but the foam disolves very quickly.

Rating compared to other products of the type: *****

Wheel Cleaner - This is exactly what I though it would be, a diluted version of the Full Effect. When sprayed directly on the brake discs, it goes red almost instantly, but on the wheels/barrels, even left to dwell, it doesn't go red that great. However, this will be my go-to wheel cleaner for people with already clean wheels. Another bonus is that it has a bit of an AutoGlym CWC effect, leaving behind a nice layer of polymers that shines the wheel up and also spruces up the wheels sealants repelling effect. And y'all know how much I love AG CWC!

The complaint: Dispite the fact that it's a diluted version, it still smells horrible and requires the use of gloves. The sprayer also foams the product nice and thick, but like the tire cleaner, it dissolves very quickly.

Rating compared to other products of the type: : ****

Body Shampoo/Car Soap - This really surprised me. It has a light citrus smell and foams well in the bucket. It foams okay in the foam cannon, but it clings even though not that thick compared to DP Extreme Foam for example. Big plus: it also has polymers which bring the protection back "from the dead" much like my favorite soap, the Zymol.

The complaint: none really, I just don't like the smell.

Rating compared to other products of the type: : ****3/4

The wax - A paste wax is a great start. The fact that it comes with its own superbe applicator is another good aspect. The fact that it's easy to use and looks/repells water great is =the cherry on the sunday. Of course I could not test durability, but on the spot, it reminds me a lot of the AutoGlym Hi-def wax, and possibly beads even tighter.

The complaint: None.

Rating compared to other products of the type: If AutoGlym is the base for 5*, then ***** - if Zymol Glasur is the 5* then ****

8. boredstudent3

boredstudent3 Wax on..Wax off

Nice score

I think the bottle with white spray head and clear liquid is either the Sonax glass cleaner or carpet cleaner

If its the glass cleaner, it's a good product...at $4 it's priced just about the same as invisible glass

9. JoeyV

It's the "total interior cleaner"

They also had interior air fresheners, leather cleaner, spray wax and 1-step paint cleaner and wax. All of which I had no interest in, so I didn't even bother getting a single bottle to sample.

10. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

$4 a bottle. Send some to the states!

11. JoeyV

Shipping might actually kill the deal, if you're serious, send me a PM and we'll talk.

12. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

That is one hell of a score!

13. 604_Snooze

604_Snooze Obsessive Detailer

Nice pickup from cantire.
    Can you name those product in your picture...from left to right?

14. JoeyV

Sure, from left to right they are:

-Paint Cleaner and Wax - 1-Step (2 rows)
    -Car Shampoo
    -Spray Wax
    -Paste Wax
    -Wheel Cleaner
    -Tire Cleaner
    -Air Freshener (top 2 shelves) - Interior Cleaner (bottom 2 shelves)
    -Leather treatment

15. jaybr123

jaybr123 Virgin Detailer

C a quel cantire ca ?!?!?

16. JoeyV

Cartier Dix30.

17. dan_s2k

dan_s2k Virgin Detailer

wow ta du sonax a ton canadian tire faut vraiment que je me clanche 5 heures de route pour aller faire le plein :O

18. JoeyV

Je peut t'en shipper si tu veut. Ca va etre moin cher que ton temps + le prix du gaz. Laisse moi savoir parce que ca se peut qu'il parte vite et j'ai deja un gars qui veut que j'aille en chercher pour lui.

19. The Driver

The Driver Birth of a Detailer

I'll pick up 10 bottles of full effect wheel cleaner. Send me your paypal an I'll gladly cover shipping an gas.