WTB - UK 3m pads

Discussion in 'Sale, Trades, or Bargains' started by 1f1fan, Jun 4, 2008.

1. 1f1fan

1f1fan Birth of a Detailer

Ok...I got my Makita with the 3M backing plate last week (thanks Phil!) and now I want to try some of those 6" 3M UK pads - Black and the Blue UF pad. If anyone has some to spare please shoot me a PM.

Thanks

-Paul

2. Nica

Nica Banned

hmmm...if you just hang on for a week or so I'll have some available only for Detailing Bliss members.

Lets just say I placed a very LARGE order of these 3M pads :whistle:

3. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

I think thats an understatment.... its a HUGE order:headbang: :crasy::shakehead::waiting:

4. joep

joep Welcome to Detailing

:loud: well then you can add me to the list :thumb:And if you have a few extra sonus pads that would be the icing on the cake :worship2:

5. 1f1fan

Nice...Count me in man!

-Paul

6. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

How do the 3m blue pads compare to CCS blue?

7. Nica

Nica Banned

Well I've used both and the pads just feel completely different, the CCS pads are soft but the Blue 3M UK pads are even softer.

Here is why I enjoy the blue 3M pad so much, I've noticed that the 3M pads (in general) tend to perform better on soft clear coat, they do well on ceramic clear coat as well but to be honest for recamic clear coat I rather use the Menzerna pads...any more about that in a bit.

The 3M pads on soft clear coat correct better and finish down much better...ofcourse that's polish dependent...but even on creamic clear coat they finish down very nice but the other reason I like them so much is becuase they are soft that even if the edge of the pads touch anything wile polishing they are forgiving, wile Menzerna becuase they are so tough they will induce a scuff mark, scuff mark that can be polished a way but if left long enough can damage.

Well I've got many reasons why I personaly prefer the 3M UK pads but it reall has to do with how they are built, thing is that they take a beating and keep on coming back...I mean I have one blue pad that's prity much dead now, well at least it looks like it should be thrown away but if I use it, it still produces great results :confused:

Oh one draw back and this is just me, but if you don't clean them properly the polish penetrates the pads quite bad. So after I use my 3M UK pads I wash them riht after I'm done with them, I left a Blue pad with polish residue on it over night and that's the one that I say looks like it should be tossed....but it could come in handy for rims or something like that :confused:

Well just my opinion.....oh now about Menzerna pads, yes I know you didn't ask about Menzerna and a little of topic but since I brought it up might as well talk about it..any who the reason why I like Menzerna pads is becuase they work extremely well on hard clear coat. The pads them selves are 5inch and are very firm, it takes a long time to get polish to penetrate it...I mean I've finished a full paint correction with the same Menzerna pad (cleaning in between of course) and when I was done the polish never penetrated/saturated the pad...it was quite the experiance. Cleaning the Menzerna pad is quite easy too. Another reason I like the Menzerna pads is becuase Menzerna pads + Menzerna Polish = :worship2: :worship2: I mean it's a no brainer, both products are meant for each other but what a difference.

Again sorry for ranting off topic but just had to share :chitchat: :chitchat:

Hope this is usefull.

8. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

Carlos, if you got a lot coming I would to buy a few from you as well, if that is okay!!!!!!

9. Nica

Nica Banned

Sure thing, I've got alot coming with the intension to share with only the Detailing Bliss memebers.

The pads I got coming were meant to be for my own personal collection but to be honest once you try the pads you'll find it very difficult to go back to the traditional LC or even Sonus pads...yes, I said it Sonus which I favour the Sonus pads...even the Menzerna pads barely get used...as I favour the 3M UK pads...but that's just me :woo:

10. Smith2287

Smith2287 Welcome to Detailing

That is awesome, I can't wait to try out these pads as I recently fell in love with the sonus pads, can't imagine a better set of pads then them!!!!

11. Nica

Nica Banned

Yes, I agree when I started using the Sonus pads I thought I was in heaven as they felt so good and finished down so well...then I had to go and purhcase the 3M UK pads :doh: You know I really should stop trying new things...but it's so much fun :gidiup: besides it's nice having options and using nothing but the best products :mounty:

Any who, I'm really looking forward to feed back once some of you get your hands on them...I mean here I am :bla2: :bla2: :bla2: about 3M UK pads this, 3M UK pads that I'm curious what the response will be once you guys give them a shot...well if no one likes them I'll just take them back :thumb: more for me :meditation: :meditation:

12. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I'll be sure to post up a review as soon as I receive the pad(s) Carlos, similar to the Grit Guard Universal Pad Washer review I did last month. :thumb:

13. 1f1fan

I can't wait to try these 3M UK pads out! Thanks for offering these to DB members Carlos, very much appreciated.