WTA : How to clean radiator reservoir tank?

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by std aja de, Oct 28, 2010.

1. std aja de

std aja de Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Hello, I am thinking to clean my engine bay right now. I already clean it before, but I still disappointed because of the "yellowish" effect of my radiator reservoir tank & washer fluid tank. I think it is because of it's age. But it is quite expensive to buy a new radiator reservoir tank. :(

this is an example picture of what I mean with "yellowish" effect :

[​IMG]

Hope so I can get some tips to get out of rid of the "yellowish" effect of my radiator reservoir tank & washer fluid. :help: :help:

2. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

That doesn't clean up bud. Its either from aging or it came that colour. Its not "dirty" so you're gonna have to live with it or replace it.

3. bryansbestwax

bryansbestwax DB Forum Supporter

sand it with 2500 paper or use 000 steel wool. She how that goes, never tried it but its worth a shot

4. kyoshiro

kyoshiro DB Forum Supporter

looks like a mercedes
    but yeah i think thats plastic aging

5. Socal Brian

Socal Brian DB Forum Supporter

1. Check the appearance of a new reservoir tank to confirm if it's attributable to aging.

2. Search the Aftermarket to see if alternative and cheaper vendors may offer a replacement
    at a price point you can live with

3. I would venture to guess you would only get marginal improvement at best attempting to clean
    it and if you plan on keeping the vehicle for much more than a few years than it would probably
    be worth replacing since it's bothering you.

6. std aja de

std aja de Any Rag Vehicle Washer

:doh: I really hate when i saw this one being in my engine bay :(

anyway thanks for your reply :)

Hmmm... sounds will work. I will try it later. Thanks dude.

haha... actually this is not mine, but I get it from forum then I crop the picture. :)

thanks bro. I will considering it. I will keep it for more than "few years" I think. I really like my car. :)

7. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

take it out and paint it