Wow, must read for rotary newbs!

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by Gemini13, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Gemini13

Gemini13 Obsessive Detailer

2. Strokin04

Strokin04 Birth of a Detailer

Thanks for posting, lots of good info in this guide.

3. Dave KG

Dave KG Jedi Nuba

The link doesn't work... :( Not mad for posting, so long as its referenced as you have done, I'm more than happy to see it circulated if its proving helpful :)

Isn't related to the PDF version I've just posted is it??

4. Gemini13

Yes. Someone on autopia had posted the Rotary PDF and I posted a link to that thread on DB. However autopia is down and thats why the link doesn't work. Great work BTW.

5. Dave KG

Dave KG Jedi Nuba

Ah cool :)

Cheers.

6. SpecC

SpecC Wax on..Wax off

7. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

seen it on detailingworld.

8. Gemini13

9. M_1313

M_1313 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Really nice guide.

10. Magnum

Magnum Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I've had a read of this before and I must say, it really is for the noobiest of noobs. I mean, a noob who has just crawled out from under a rock and has never seen a polishing pad in his life.

Its like "...and here is a diagram to demonstrate the difference between a rotary polishing action and a random orbital polishing action ...because your a noob...and forget about the stuff you would like to know, like rpm guidance, managing heat, jewelling, etc"

11. Denzil

Denzil Guest

And this is helpful how? :shead:

12. Gemini13

The point of your post is what exactly?? You come across as an ass, just sayin.

13. Magnum

Magnum Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I dont mean to be an ass - I'm just saying that unless you are very nooby, you will find this guide a waste of time because it doesn't contain any insightful information. I know because I read it all thinking I would pick up a few pearls of wisdom, but no, I just kept reading about basic stuff. It just goes through ordinary detailing principles that people pick up on after a few weeks in the game.

The thing is, someone thinking of stepping up to a rotary is unlikely to be a noob, let alone very nooby, so the guide wastes time and energy by trying to explain simple stuff to those that have heard it all before.

At the end of the day I'm just trying to save people some time, because this guide keeps cropping up on every forum and so many of us could be out there detailing instead of looking at diagrammatical explanations of what happens to clear coat when its polished...argh I'm bored talking about it.

14. togwt

togwt Nuba Guru

DaveKG - like most people who post this kind of how-to tries to provide information to evry level of expertise i.e neophyte to expert, and from my limited experience of writing it is very easy to write to ones own level but very difficult to write for the beginner.

Trust me when I say a lot of work and research goes into this type of post as opposed to 'Whats the best wax' type post. So instead of non-constructive criticism a 'thank you' would be better placed (and at least you wouldn't come off as an arse