Would you like to see a membership rewards program

Discussion in 'Detailers Domain' started by detailersdomain, Sep 25, 2009.

?

Membership Rewards Program

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

25 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

Reward points that expire over time

If you purchase over $200 you would get let's say an additional 2% off
    If you end up going up to $1000 you get an additional 5% off from then on....

got to figure out what we can do...

2. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

Is this like a one time purchase of $200/$1000 or if you buy that much over the course of a year/month or some period. I think something like once you buy X amount you get y% off and so on. But a rewards program would be cool.

3. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

It might be easier to have a rewards program. Spend $100, get 10 points, for example. Then, at the end of some period of time, you can redeem the points for products. Or apply them to an order or something.

4. agpatel

agpatel OD On Detailing

That is a nice idea, I remember seeing that on some other site I have bought stuff awhile back.

5. Denzil

Denzil Guest

If it's cumulative, it would be nice and would encourage future purchases. Following a time frame (maybe a year?) would also "force" customers to spend their points before the end of the year and result in yet another purchase. :)

6. detailersdomain

I think I would do a 1 year type deal...

you would be able to save more as you buy more through out the year.

so you hit $100 you get x% off after you spend 101 then the next level etc...

still have to figure out if we can do something like that.

7. kaiten408

kaiten408 Jedi Nuba

What if instead of a percentage off, you would throw in certain items for free? You could either have a weekly/monthly item you throw in free for XX amount of rewards points, or you could just pick a group of items with set number of points per item and people could choose from which item to add to their order, provided they pay S&H still

8. detailersdomain

we are already doing that.

this month we gave away an uber yellow wash sponge with every order.

last month we gave away items according to what amount you ordered.

9. d00t

d00t Welcome to Detailing

I think that points would me easier to keep track of then percentages :shrug:

10. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I think I like the idea of having points to spend on getting free products!

11. willjco

willjco DB Forum Supporter

this would be a great idea

12. detailersdomain

I will be working on this one but I have no idea how its going to work many are doing this program for customers not taking advantage of forum discount codes...

13. blackjz

blackjz Jedi Nuba

is forum discount code "DB" still applicable if you have this membership reward program going on?

14. detailersdomain

not sure that's what I'm trying to figure out.

but honestly I can't see how it will work out if you all want me to still be in business 6 months from now.

15. Bunky

Bunky Guest

I think the rewards is just giving money away. I would stick with more sales rather than the money spent on subsidizing the rewards. I do not think 2% or 3% is going to affect any of my purchase decisions.

The one sale I like is at least 10% off (what seems to be the standard discount rate at most detailers) and reduced/free shipping with some promotional stuff occassionally (like adam's all on sale, etc). With the above, I will tend to buy when I need rather than waiting for the next sale since my orders are rarely over $100.