Working on speed 6.....

Discussion in 'Tools - Machine Polishers, Pressure Washers, Detai' started by m4gician, Mar 15, 2008.

1. m4gician

m4gician Birth of a Detailer

...after handling a Flex and a Rotary, I'd rather work my PC/UDM on speed 6, especially when working smaller panels or using a mild polish.

2. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

ok why? Vibs?

3. gmblack3

gmblack3 Top 9 detailer in the US to serve you in Atlanta

As long as you are willing to take the time to properly break the polish down.....

4. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Really? Because of the vibrations? Becuase I had to say that the worst of the worst is the UDM (I wanted to smash it into a million pieces). I could not do an entire vehicle with a PC on 5 or 6, my limbs would go numb. On the other hand, I can easily do an entire vehicle on 5 or 6 with the Flex and be perfectly fine.

5. MWAUTOPRO

MWAUTOPRO Jedi Nuba

It seems like the flex does vibrate a lot for compounding (compound with a cutting pad) but it runs smooth as butter with a light polishing or finishing pad.

6. m4gician

m4gician Birth of a Detailer

eeeip! What I mean was that before I handled a flex and a rotary, speed 6 on a DA was barely manageable, NOW, it's the easiest thing for me, handling that kind of vibration. I LOVE MY FLEX!

However, when I have to use the UDM (for xmt 360, or small spots) I'll work it at speed 6 just to make things go quicker.

7. shiny

shiny Jedi Nuba

I guess the PC is physically smaller that would make it easier to use in smaller areas.