1. scheerspeed

scheerspeed DB Forum Supporter

what's your favorite wool mitt? i have used the DD wool and it fell apart after about 5 washes. and the AG wool mitts (had 4 of those!) fell apart after about 3 washes. mind you after each wash i rinse them out completely, wring the water out, and flip them inside-out and let it hang dry... am i doing something wrong??

i switched to a Zymol sponge and it swirled the crap out of my car's paint. (it's jet black)

im using Duragloss soap (1 ounce per gallon) and PakShak WW towels to dry...

is it just me having bad luck with wool mitts???

2. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

I like the wool mitt from autopia, but I prefer the grout sponge from Lowes by Proline, it it the only wash medium that has not swirled my ultra soft Lexus cc.

3. scheerspeed

4. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Yeap! it is in the cleaning supplies isle with the mops and brooms and next to the car washing supplies. They are really cheap and last forever, super soft, pick up and spread suds like nothing else and rinse clean everytime and have huge pores, so they don't drag dirt all over your paint. It is worth a try.

5. scheerspeed

im going to stop by lowes today and give those a try!

6. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

Let me know what you think after you try it. Mind you, they don't give you that nice smooth tactile feeling of a wool mitt, but don't let that fool you, they work well and IMO safer than a wool mitt. Once you get them wet they are super soft. I even use them for ONR.

7. scheerspeed

so this won't swirl my soft BMW jet black?

8. Duratys

Duratys Welcome to Detailing

Have you tried a sea sponge? You will be amazed with how soft it is and how much soap it holds. Ive never noticed any marring with it.

9. detaildoc

detaildoc Guest

If used correctly, it should not. Lexus paint and cc are much softer than BMW. Remember that technique is half the battle. Use the two bucket method, make sure you rinse the sponge often and never go in circles, always in a straight line.