Wolf's spray on clear bra "The Mask" finally ready

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by Wolfs Chemicals, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Wolfs Chemicals

Wolfs Chemicals DB Certified Manufacturer

So as the title says, the spray bra is finally ready! Wohoo!! For those of you who didn't see my earlier post about it, here's a recap of what it is and what it does >>

The Mask :thumb:

[​IMG]

A lot of people don't like the idea of a clear bra on their car because they think it's ugly or too expensive or for whatever reason. But clear bras are very good for protecting your car against bugs and stone chips. After a while they also get pretty nasty too and will eventually need to be replaced.

Here's the best alternative that I've seen around :). It's a clear bra that, as the name suggests, can be sprayed on to the paint or just about any surface (not recommended for glass though) and dries to a clear, hard shell that helps protect the paint against bugs and can even help prevent rock chips. Going to a show and don't want to scratch your paint? Use this. Want to protect the wings of your car against the monkeys in the mechanic's shop from rubbing up against your car? Use this. There's 100's of things I could think of that you can apply this product to. And best of all, when it gets all buggy and scratchy: Simply wash it off with soap and water and respray :).

I got the idea for this one day when The Wolf and I were on a trip to the countryside to do a product demo for some people. I told The Wolf about it and he shared my sentiment that it was an awesome idea. And not surprisingly, he got the formula right on the first batch!! And it's even got cleaners inside it that start to clean the bugs when they're all gooey after splatting on the paint!! Here's some more pictures and a video >>

Goes on pretty thick and doesn't look like it's going to be pretty when it dries :doublesho Just don't touch it :)!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But whaddya know?! Dries perfectly clear :D!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A few bugs gave their lives in the name of science... they just couldn't resist the sweet smell of it :D!

[​IMG]

A final shot with the flash!

[​IMG]

Here's a video we made yesterday of The Wolf's car covered in bugs... everything came off with a PW :)!

[video=youtube;IJycZjwIJKU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJycZjwIJKU[/video]

Price: 12 EUR / liter! 500 ml prices to be announced soon!

Jesse

2. StuLax18

StuLax18 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Very cool! How hard is it to remove? I currently use a car bra, but it only covers my front bumper and hood. I could definitely use this for the mirrors, leading edge of the roof, and the front pillars.

3. Wolfs Chemicals

Just wash it off with water! Check the video at the end of the post, it comes right off! :)

4. StuLax18

Would I need a pressure washer though? And how soon could we expect to see it available in the States?

5. maxepr1

maxepr1 Jedi Nuba

Jesse you are the man!! Will we be shipping some to Phil? Also I would assume after driving in rain it will require a reapplication?

6. duker2323

duker2323 Virgin Detailer

Looks great. Cant wait to try it out if Phil gets it.

7. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Another Wolf product I need to get my paws on

8. TimAD

TimAD Jedi Nuba

Looks very enticing Jesse. I'm going to be keeping an eye on this one.

9. dfazekas

dfazekas Birth of a Detailer

Whoo Hoo! I'll definitely be trying this soon.

Question: If it comes off with a PW, how well does it hold up in bad weather?

10. Wolfs Chemicals

No you don't "need" a PW, it will come off with a simple wash, too! I'll be speaking to Phil this evening, so we'll discuss it!

Thanks! Yeah it would require reapplication if it gets wet! Will speak to Phil tonight!

Thanks buddy! It's 100% water-soluble so you'd need to reapply it after the rain. But if it's raining, you won't need to protect the car from bugs anyway ;).

11. StuLax18

One more question. So it's obvious how well this works against bugs. How does it protect against rock chips? Seems like this would provide impact resistance, but can't be sure without feeling it in person.

12. Wolfs Chemicals

I've purposely hit it with the sharp edge of my ring and only put a slight scratch in the film :). Yes it will help to prevent rock chips but it's not bulletproof! I'd rather it hit this than my bare paint!

13. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Sweet Jesse !!!

14. Wheelz25

Wheelz25 Jedi Nuba

I've actually used a product just like this in the past on a customers car who was moving to florida and driving the distance. I can't remember the name of the product but it was like a gel consistency, is this similar to "the mask"? I cant believe hows yours dries so perfectly clear.

product like this certainly has its purpose! nice job!

15. gthal

gthal Two Bucket System Washer

This looks like a great product (I'm thinking that applications before track days would be great!). Do you plan on offering it in a more permanent application? That is, apply it and it will stay on the car for longer periods and through rain? It would be nice (and revolutionary) if this product or a formulation of it could actually clear bras!!!

P.S. Great job and can't wait to pick some up.

16. irontree

irontree Two Bucket System Washer

I am looking forward to getting my hands on this.
    This might be useful to spray on the car before taking the car in for service.
    Help keep scratches off the fenders.
    When will this be available from Phil?

17. Rickrack

Rickrack DB Pro Supporter

This sounds like it would be nice to use on your car if it's going to the body shop to avoid overspray. Coat all areas of your car NOT getting repainted...

18. UniqueAutoKraft

UniqueAutoKraft Any Rag Vehicle Washer

It would, except for....

When your car goes to a body shop, they have to blend in to areas of other panels. Putting it on before could ruin a paint job quickly. Even more so if it contains any silicon. Totally good idea. I'd just be worried about the body shop still managing to goof up the paint job because of yet another thing to work around.

Any word on availability of this? Looks like a great product that a lot of my customers would be interested in.

19. Wolfs Chemicals

Yeah I suppose you'd need to confirm with the body shop before applying it. No silicone :). I'm not sure when it will be available in the States yet! I'll speak with Phil next week about it!

20. CG6Lemon

CG6Lemon New Member

we need this awesome product in Phil's warehouse ASAP! There are a lot of anxious people waiting to purchase it!