Wolfs Shine and Seal / Body Wrap

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by VW 91, May 7, 2012.

1. VW 91

VW 91 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I have OC 2.0, but not every customer will pay for the extra upcharge to apply OC. I'm curious as to what kind of durability people are getting by applying the Shine and Seal / Body Wrap combo. I'm considering offering that as a middle ground between a traditional sealant and OC. Just wondering if this combo would be worth offering at a $50-$75 upcharge for customers and if durability would touch a year with this combo. Any input is appreciated.

2. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

Absolutely yes. It pays for itself IMO.

3. Darkstar752

Darkstar752 Horizon Detailing

Yes you can offer it as an upcharge. I can't comment on durability as it hasn't faded in the 3 months I've been using it. However, you will be using much less than you think while using both of the products, despite their small size they can actually get a significant amount of cars done.

4. Kaban

Kaban Welcome to Detailing

cut off a small piece of a corner off the MF towel and use that as an applicator. It will save you alot of time, product, and cuss words. Good luck its a great product.

5. DirtyWeRX

DirtyWeRX DB Forum Supporter

I would up charge. But Im worried that customers might think the up-charge wasnt worth it because Ive been told that, unless you perform maintenance washes with their nano shampoo, it will lose its beading/sheeting properties :/

Still a great product though

6. Danny

Danny Nuba Guru

I wanted to know if anyone knows if I have to strip off my existing LSP prior to using Shine & Seal or will the polishing effect remove it and replace it with its own? I have Carpro Reload on my Mach 1 right now and want to use S&S and then follow up with 2 Coats of Bodywrap. But wanted to know if I have to do an IPA wipe down prior to using S&S to remove Reload or if I can just go straight into finishing with S&S.

7. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Just do a couple of IPA wipe downs so you work on a clean surface. Then you are starting from from scratch.