Wolf's Deironizer

Discussion in 'Car Detailing Product Discussion' started by dpattanas, Aug 18, 2013.

1. dpattanas

dpattanas Virgin Detailer

I've used Wolf's deironizer on three cars now and on every car the product left spots all over the cars. The issue for me is that the product dries too quickly. I've tried different methods of applying the product. I washed the car, then pulled the car into the garage, dried the car, applied the product, pulled out of the garage, and then rinsed the product off. After rinsing I noticed spots all over the car.

I also applied it to a dirty car in the garage after it's been sitting for awhile then rinsed it off and it still left stains. The issue I believe is that in the Texas heat, the body panels are always warm and when the product is applied, it dries almost immediately.

Has anybody had issues with Wolf's deironizer and what is the best method for applying the product to the car?

2. NickBlaine

NickBlaine Any Rag Vehicle Washer

I may be doing it wrong, but I will do it right after washing.

Rinse off, then I apply the deironizer to the wet car. Let it sit for a minute or two, then use a wet sponge to spread it around better. Then let sit for a few more minutes, then rinse off, and wash quickly to make sure no residue remains.

3. abscissa

abscissa Virgin Detailer

sounds like you answered your own question. using any product in direct sunlight or when the panels are still hot, is a big nono...it only takes a few minutes of sunlight for the paint to get well over 100 degrees

4. PDJ3.2

PDJ3.2 Birth of a Detailer

The directions on the bottle say that the product can be allowed to fully dry on the surface, so I'm inclined to think that may not be the issue here.

5. artemis53

artemis53 Jedi Nuba

I have applied wolf's and intentionally let it FULLY dry, for over an hour (not in direct sunlight) and have had zero issues with staining.

It may be possible it is heat related, but has nothing to do with it drying. That is a HUGE bonus to Wolf's, is the fact it can safely dry on paint.

Were these all different cars, or the same? Anything in common with them? Were the spots removed, and if so, how? Is it possible that the spots are just the product itself that dried and was not fully removed properly?

I would make sure the cars are fairly cool before doing ANYTHING to them, including washing. Although many products can remain on paint and allowed to dry, heat is just another story entirely.

Like I said, I have allowed Wolf's to dry on a white Honda, with no staining of any kind, so I would guess it is your application, or possibly something on the paint it may be reacting with causing this.

6. udmbrian

udmbrian Virgin Detailer

um........