Wolf's Chemicals in Slovakia-1988 Golf GTi showcar

Discussion in 'Professional Detailer's Studio' started by Wolfs Chemicals, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Wolfs Chemicals

Wolfs Chemicals DB Certified Manufacturer

Hi all!

Here's a beautiful Golf Gti that I did about 1.5 years ago (just getting around to posting it :( ) in Slovakia and again this year just at the start of the show season. This customer had heard about me from a friend and invited me to Slovakia to detail his showcar that was finally finished. It had been sitting in a storage garage for quite some time after the repaint and as you can all probably imagine, the refinishing on the paint was horrible. So I left early morning and arrived a few hours later and got straight to work. Here's the condition of the car when I arrived, sanding marks and RIDS galore >>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

50/50

[​IMG]

Front wing before

[​IMG]

After

[​IMG]

This year Johnny called me and asked if I could come to Slovakia again and detail his car before the show season, but due to time constraints on both our parts, it didn't come together, so we agreed to meet on the first day of the show here in Hungary and I would do it then. He arrived at around noon, which was already very late to start a detail like this so I brought along my trusty sidekick Attila (Mr AutoGlym Hungary) to help me on this one. The day before the show another good customer of mine called me and asked if I could do his Ferrari, a BMW X6 and a matte black Quattroporte for him at the show... I told him that it was almost impossible, but I agreed to it once they showed up and we were literally running back and forth from car to car trying to get them finished... luckily it was just a quick clean up for these (no pics, sorry!). Anyway, we started with Johnny's Golf outside and did the rims first. For those of you wondering if Wolf's Deironizer is safe for polished aluminum the answer is "absolutely yes" it's safe! Also, our nano wheel cleaner is absolutely safe for all wheel types!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After...

[​IMG]

Me and Attila polishing away with Wolf's WP-1N finishing polish. Sometimes we needed a bit more bite, so we stepped up to WP-2N and WP-3N and a finishing pad in some spots. We couldn't get a full correction in the time we had, but I'll be heading back to Slovakia soon to do this customer's other cars so I'll finish off the "uglies" then.

[​IMG]

Enjoy the afters and sorry for the lack of info on this write up!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

- Jesse O'Connor

2. mrgolfrider

mrgolfrider DB Forum Supporter

Very nice Jesse. Its cool that you did it at the show like that. When you do that do you pick up a lot of new customers?

I hope something happens with Phil so we can get a chance to use your chemicals!

3. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

Thats looking awesome. Great work and very promising looking products.

4. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Nice work Jesse

5. Auto Concierge

Auto Concierge DB Pro Supporter

Mr Intl..........Jesse detailing all througout the former Eastern Block..........doing any shows in Russia soon (lol).

6. Chaseme

Chaseme DB Forum Supporter

That's cool to do a correction right on the show floor. Did you get any referrals from other show car owners from that day?

7. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

How I wish I could find a nice Mk2 here in the US. Look a that, even with a "bad boy bonnet". Haven't seen one those in ages.

8. Wolfs Chemicals

Wolfs Chemicals DB Certified Manufacturer

Thanks mate! I tend to pick up a few because he carries my sign with my company name, etc. and puts it in front of his car at every show :). We're working on getting them over!

Thanks mate!

Cheers Sal!

Thanks Bob :)! Actually heading off to Romania next month!

Thank you! I usually get a few!

Thanks buddy! Yeah this car is very nice!!

9. Upper Class Detailing

Upper Class Detailing DB Pro Supporter

great job Jesse!