Wolfgang Foamaster Foam Gun

Discussion in 'Pre Wash, Wash, Decon, Claying, Engine, Wheels, an' started by jason827, Jun 18, 2010.

1. jason827

jason827 Any Rag Vehicle Washer

2. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

You aren't going to get super thick foam unless you use a foam cannon attached to a pressure washer.

Foam gun attached to garden hos is the next best thing.

3. vtec92civic

vtec92civic Nuba Guru

Foam guns work well . . . . . . the amount of foam you get will be dependent on:

Type of soap used
    Quantity of soap used
    Foam Gun setting

i have made some super thick foam before. Toy around with it until you get the desired results. If you have a pressure washer though i would suggest a foam canon otherwise the foam gun works great.

4. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I had a Gilmour one which is probably the same thing. I got more foam than that, I think their water pressure is low.

5. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

I want that 911 in the background

6. detailersdomain

detailersdomain Administrator

pressure will play into it, and type of soap.

7. jason827

My brother's pressure washer was broken last year and we haven't bother to get another one yet. I have been shopping around for a electric washer but my concern is that it doesn't last very long, but pressure washers that are powered by gas are too expensive for me. I remember last year walmart canada was selling a pressure washer with a foam cannon for $24x but it doesn't offer this anymore. Do you guys know any pressure washers that come with a foam gun or cannon? My car is in need of a foam gun to prevent swirls and light scratches that may be introduced by regular washing and I have just polished it recently. I live in Toronto, suggestions are appreciated.

8. hoppy6698

hoppy6698 Birth of a Detailer

Mine foams up perfectly fine, not as good as a foam cannon, but the Gilmour gun is far cheaper. I use CG Citrus WG or Clear in it, when I use it.

I found you just have to play around with the mix in the bottle and the settings on mixture on the gun itself. A heavier mix of soap/water in the bottle means you can use a lower setting on the gun (A-B), but if its a light mix of soap in the bottle, you may need to step up the level being sprayed out.

9. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

Wolfgang Foam Gun = Gilmour Foam Gun.

Your car isn't going to get ruined because you don't have a foam gun or foam cannon.

I almost always pre-soak my car with my foam gun (or my foam cannon when I'm using my pressure washer) and then rinse to remove the loose dirt because proceeding with a regular wash. But I don't think pre-soaking a car is so helpful that you actually NEED a foam gun, as opposed to just rinsing the car down with a hose.

10. jason827

Your theory works well for a clean car. But my car parks behind a restaurant kitchen all the time when my brother drives to work, so the car is full of dirt, oil, grime on the window, and tree traps. Also, sometimes my clients' cars are so dirty that they don't get there car wash for a year, so I guess a foam gun may speed up my work a bit.

11. hoppy6698

hoppy6698 Birth of a Detailer

The gun may not speed up your work, since it is really there to loosen debris and other contaminants before washing. But it will help get all the junk off of the car before it gets into your favorite mitt/sponge/brush and gets dragged across the surface.

12. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

You should just get a foam gun and if you really like it, then eventually you can upgrade to a pressure washer and foam cannon.

At the very least, the foam gun is never going to break on you and if you do upgrade to a foam cannon/pressure washer setup, you can always fall back on your foam gun when you don't feel like breaking out the pressure washer.

Just be warned that you are going to go through car wash soap a lot faster once you start pre-soaking your car before every wash. :thumb:

13. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

I heard that. That's why I think it's good to have a dedicated foam cannon/gun soap. I'm using Majestic Solutions Super Foam right now and it's a good foaming soap, and strips the LSP. I might use Hyperwash per Clark's recommendation and add citrus degreaser to it if I feel the need to strip.

14. I recommend Rogers Bastard Blitz :graduation: