Wolfgang Füzion Carnauba Polymer Concours Wax

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by FMINUS, Mar 29, 2008.

1. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Comes with a refill!

[​IMG]

2. DieselMDX

DieselMDX Obsessive Detailer

hmmmm interesting

3. Asphalt Rocket

Asphalt Rocket Nuba Guru

Read about this earlier on their site. Going to need a little more feedback on it. I personally like their sealant so this might turn out to be a decent wax.

4. JohnyB

JohnyB Birth of a Detailer

The box is built of Canadian pine with an angled lid to display the wax. woot woot

5. GBS

GBS Wax on..Wax off

Have you tried it Phil?

6. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

guys i've used this stuff... and it's amazing stuff. like Souveran on steroids.

Not as deep, but alot of clarity, crisp and clean

7. devast8

devast8 New Member

expensive imo but interesting

8. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

I have not tried it, but would be interested. Im not into the packaging though, it seems like it was just thrown together at home. Just doesnt look "official" but who cares I guess its all about the wax!

9. devast8

devast8 New Member

I mean, if it's not better then Souveran, why pay 175$ to have something inferior

most likely it would be a bit more durable then Souveran but I can justify paying double for something that will only last 2 months. The sealant lasted 2 months at best look wise it's one of the best sealant but I doubt the wax will last more then the sealant...

and that box cost 25$ to make at best

10. sneek

sneek Nuba Guru

lol I think the CD kills the classy image they were going for.

but I would be interested in seeing how the wax looks.

11. RTexasF

RTexasF Birth of a Detailer

Seems like there are a lot of high dollar waxes making an entry lately. I wonder if Steve at Poorboy's is working on a Richboy's version?

12. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Being a Polymer mix it would be in the class of CG 50/50 which is a mix also....and for the money I would Buy the Swissvax Smagard..thats the wax so far showcased here that really caught my intrest....of all the high end waxes shown here ..that wax looked outstanding....

just wait till AG has a buy one get one free deal and it may be worth it then...

AL

13. Dave KG

Dave KG Jedi Nuba

Yet another wax in this price bracket!!

Out of all the waxes I have tried in this price bracket (and beyond it), only one has made me want to buy another pot of it and that was Swissvax Best Of Show for adding a little extra wettness to the finish - the others just fail to justify their worth over cheaper counterparts such as Collinite 915 or Meguiars #16.

However - maybe this wax is different. It needs to be as in this price bracket, products are quite often bought on name and Wolfgang hasn't yet established itself as a premium wax maker in the way Zymol and Swissvax have. This is not to say the Wolfgang product is not as good, I bet it probably is, but whether or not it will compete in what is a very fashionable market remains to be seen... In the UK, I think it would struggle.

14. Al-53

Al-53 Welcome to Detailing

Dave..is the Smaragrd the same as BOS....I have seen mention it was the same on the UK site..but was not sure...to me as I said its the best looking wax I have seen...

AL

15. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Hmmm....quite interesting...wonder how many times they refill it...
    Kinda pricey...

16. Dave KG

Dave KG Jedi Nuba

Yes, indeed I believe they are the same... Well, when I opened my tub of Best Of Show, a little ticket with Smaragrd fell out so I guess so! :D

17. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

ah comes with a personalized box too

18. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

Personally I dont think it will sell well on AG. The members who frequent AG typically dont drop money like that on "high end" waxes.

However, if this new WG wax looks like Souveran with better durability, IM THERE!

19. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

I don't understand the wooden box when the label and the pot looks cheap as all hell.

Poor marketing, sorry...

20. LanceM

LanceM DB Forum Supporter

^^ agree with the above