Wolfgang DGPS beading and sheeting

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by klumzypinoy, Nov 27, 2007.

1. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I was bored as always on Sunday and decided to do a little clean up on my dad's Camry's paint and apply Wolfgang DGPS. First I started out claying the paint. It was pretty clean since I clayed it a while back. After that was done, I took out my UDM and used Wolfgang Paintwork Polish Enhancer with a white LC CCS pad on speed 4. The pad was getting a bit dirty, which I was expecting since the paint has never been cleaned before. After that, I applied Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, then buffed off after an hour.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

YouTube - Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant sheeting

Next time I wash it I'll take more pics and shoot a video of the beading/sheeting.

2. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

looking good, i like the sheating video, that was a nice touch

great job.. now we need pics of the whole car

3. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

I will when I wash it. I want to take pics in full sun :).

4. maesal

maesal Birth of a Detailer

Today, I was looking exactly for a sheeting video with Wolfgang, it looks very nice. I'm thinking about buying it. I'm used to the sheeting of my Zymöl Glasur, I dry the car very fast with the "open hose" method.
    Thanks for the video !!

5. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

you applying sealant with a PC? I always apply sealants/waxes by hand, as I feel larger pad absorbs too much product, resulting in product wastage. All paint corrections are being done by machine though.

6. Dust2Glory

Dust2Glory Nuba Guru

i apply everything via a machine, liquid wax, paste was, and sealants. I guess im too lazy not to:whistle:

good thing with ccs pads is you can put pressure on them when u think ur outta stuff and it squeezes more out!!!:headbang:

7. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

You guys know that FMINUS has a whole bottle for sale, right?

GET IT NOW!!!

8. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

:mounty:

9. D&D Auto Detailing

D&D Auto Detailing DB Forum Supporter

Ive got some for sale too.

10. Nica

Nica Banned

Very nice results there Klumzy, I'm very pleased with Wolfgang Sealant :thumb: and I'm not a big sealant lover either.

Thank you for sharing.

11. Nica

Nica Banned

D&D please note that if you wish to sell an item you need to post it up on "Peculiar Items for sale section" in order to post there you need access (go to User CP Panel).

12. JLs Detailing

JLs Detailing DB Pro Supporter

Me too Dust I apply everything by machine. I started applying the Pete's 53 on my Stealth by hand and after the hood said nooooo waaayy. I did the rest of the car by machine and it was so much easier!

13. P1et

I still enjoy doing waxes by hand. I just feel that I'm quicker that way!

14. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

I am a hand waxer to :p

15. P1et

I just love a good waxing job!!!

16. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

:rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh::rollinglaugh:

17. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

maesal - It's a nice sealant! Now I'm just going to test how long it will last. This car's always being used and travels at least an hour Monday through Friday. It's also garaged. Got a video of the Glasur sheeting?

Supercharged - I apply every sort of protection by hand :). I love the Meguiar's yellow applicator pads!

Nica - This is my first sealant and I really like it :D. It's just so easy to buff off and I love the beading!

Thanks everyone for the feedback :D.

Pirex - you know you love a good waxing job too :laughing:

18. maesal

Yes, I have one, not very nice, but less is nothing :roll:

[​IMG]

I really like AJT, SG.

19. klumzypinoy

klumzypinoy Nuba Guru

Wow it sheets like nothing :D. I was thinking of getting AJT before. Sometime in the future I will try it out :).

20. maesal

I really like AJT because I like acrylics, but I'm also a big fan of the carnaubas, and the Glasur looks is amazing :headbang: and its sheeting the best I never saw.