Witch wax is best?

Discussion in 'Compounds, Polishes, Paint Cleaners, and Glazes' started by GigaFlow, Jan 2, 2008.

1. GigaFlow

GigaFlow Two Bucket System Washer

I'm just wonder witch of this waxes is best for my light grey metallic Touran?

Pinnacle Signature Series II
    Chemical Guys Petes 53
    Chemical Guys 5050
    DP Max Wax
    Poor Boys Natty's
    P21s

Can you please tell me witch of this Waxes who gives the best shine and protection?

Sorry for my bad english...

2. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

for me i love sig series 2 the best .for my dark colored mettalic paint.alos pinnicles liquid souveran is one of my favorites also

3. GigaFlow

But i see Chemical Guys 5050 is a more expensive wax than Pinnacle...

Is there any reason for this?

4. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

nope. its what ever you like for instinse ive tryed poorboys nattys blue because a lot of guys love it so i gave it a try e and dont like it at all. i tryed pinnicles waxes and fell in love the offer a nice shine and are easy on easy off. pinnicel is one of my favorite line of products by far

5. GigaFlow

Okay!

So its just waste of money to buy CG 5050?

I'm just wonder why 5050 is so much more expensive than Sig Series II then...?

It is just a gimmick?

6. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

its hard to say there is alot of fancy marketing in this industry. does it cost more to make 50/50 wax? who knows. but if u try it and like it then stick with it .for instice i bought a gallon of pinnicles body work shampoo for 70 bucks. alot of money yes!!! is it worth 70 bucks a gallon not sure . do i like it yes. does it cost alot to make it probably no. but who really knows only a chemist knows whats in this stuff. but it works for me so i use it . thats all . rememeber one thing just because it cost more dosnt mean its any better.

7. GigaFlow

It sounds rationaly...

So i do not missunderstand you, when the same goes for Swisswax (swissol) ?

8. pirex

pirex DB Certified Dealer

CG 5050 will give you more depth and clearity.

More carnabua then sig series II

9. GigaFlow

I see...

But Swisswax gives us the carnuba in prosentage... also from 30 to 60 % Carnuba.

But i don't see Pinnacle or Chemical Guys gives us that... why?

10. pirex

Good question, thats a question for the manufactor..

11. GigaFlow

Its easy to say that one wax have a lot of Carnuba. I want to know how much Carnuba the wax have.

If not, i do not think i would pay a lot more...

Its possible 5050 is better than Sig Series II, but why...

12. pirex

I don`t think you will see the big difference on your car. But on a darker car you will.

I love to try waxes, to see for myself whats good and whats not.

13. GigaFlow

Easy for you to say.... hehe.

Since you run a care care firm....

Okey... Then i go for Sig Series II.

Sorry again for my bad english...

14. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

All the waxes that you list are very good and you really cannot go wrong with any of them. Personally, I take durability into consideration as well. Some high-end waxes (like Souveran for example) look smashing but don't last quite as long. I use Pete's '53 and have been very pleased with the durability.

15. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

for me i go for the looks in a wax if the wax only last 2 monthes thats ok. i love to wax the truck so i dont mind reappling it. some of the higher end waxes might last 6 monthes as apposed to 2 but thats up to what ever you want to try .

16. trhland

trhland Nuba Guru

im sure these are nice but for me there just to exspensive. and ive heard that side by side with pinnicle waxes theres really not a big enough of a difference to justify the price.although i wouldnt mind trying zymol vintage:joint:
    im waiting for calgery detail to send me a little in a baggy:shh:

17. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Damn, which waxes are you using??? I don't think I've ever used any wax that lasts longer than 2 months...

18. Showroom Shine

Showroom Shine Birth of a Detailer

For me the Pinnacle Liquid Spray works great. My vehicle is my avitar. But It works wonders on dark colors too!

19. Deep Gloss Auto Salon

Deep Gloss Auto Salon DB Pro Supporter

For some customers 2 months will not do... Of course this has to do with knowing your customer base, what they want and what they value

20. FMINUS

FMINUS DB Pro Supporter

remember, some people are willing to pay $225 for a tin of CG 5050. LOL

For the $ DP MW is one of the best. (at the double pack price, i think it was like $15 each)

5050 will NOT give you the protection you are looking for but it looks awesome.