Winter Prep Detail on my 2004 Expedition (CG OMG)

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by RNickolas, Oct 17, 2009.

1. RNickolas

RNickolas Obsessive Detailer

So this week has been absolutely gorgeous and I decided to take advantage of it by getting my wife's expedition ready for winter (she drives 120 Miles round trip /day).

With that in mind I wanted to put the most protection possible on it so here are the products

Tires/Wheels
    Eagle Tire and Rim cleaner
    Meguiars endurance gel
    Duragloss Aquawax

Paint
    Chemical Guys Ez creme glaze with acryllic shine II
    Blackfire Wet Diamond AFPPx2
    Swissvax Concorso

Wash
    Pressure wash
    Onr

Trim
    Mothers Back to Black

Interior
    Stoners invisible glass
    Vacuum
    Meguiars QID

Alright so this car makes 120 mile trips daily so the paint doesn't have to be perfect (just look good). I wanted to put the ezcreme since its synthetic and allows sealants to bond with it, little did i know that when applied with a rotary and a white pad will fill/correct at the rate it did. After the CG ezcreme glaze I put two coats of Blackfire Wet Diamond (my absolute favorite sealant). After that it was the Swissvax Concorso to add depth and some more longevity to the protection. I think it looks absolutely fantastic considering the shape its in (front end is all sandblasted). Onto the pics and description:

[​IMG]
    Dirty car the funny lines were from taking it to the car wash bays and hosing down the two months worth of dirt, and last weeks salting of the roads.

[​IMG]
    The other side of the car...its not pretty

Started off cleaning the tires and rims using Eagle one Wheel and Tire cleaner
    [​IMG]

All clean! No more brown tires!
    [​IMG]

50/50 shot of ONR wash...that in itself leaves a nice gloss
    [​IMG]

A shot of me that my wife took, but it has a great example of the wash marring the vehicle has (its the test bed for my microfibers and stuff, Its not from the ONR)
    [​IMG]

Test spot of the cg ezcreme with a black pad and a white pad...the white pad side is on the left
    [​IMG]

good for removing the the wash marring but not the heavier stuff about an 85% correction achieved over all
    [​IMG]

Good before and after
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

50/50 of the hood mind you this is after just the chemical guys ezcreme glaze
    [​IMG]

blackfire wet diamond hazing over, applied with a pc with lc blue pad
    [​IMG]

wiped off and buffed to a shine letting it set
    [​IMG]

After an hour I applied the Swissvax Concorso, waited 15 min and removed the wax to reveal this shine (since pictures don't really help ill describe what happened: the SV toned down the hyper gloss the sealant left, and added more depth which I was super excited about)
    [​IMG]

Close up of the correction/filling achieved
    [​IMG]

other side
    [​IMG]

Closing comments:
    Overall I was super impressed with the chemical guys stuff and would highly recommend this to any one looking for a good filler or a light cleaner. I didn't do an ipa wipe down to see if there was any correction because my intent was to protect the filling or correction was more of an unexpected yet welcomed surprise!

Thanks for looking
    [​IMG]

2. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Good writeup. Nice work too! Thanks for sharing :)

3. Gemini13

Gemini13 Obsessive Detailer

The 50/50 of the hood is amazing. Great work? BFWD is on my Christmas list. :D

4. anbuzero

anbuzero DB Pro Supporter

awesome job! ill have to get some ONR for the winter months. is the reason you use ONR and went to a car wash to powerwash the dirt off, because you have some type of runoff law in your community?

5. RNickolas

RNickolas Obsessive Detailer

no the car was too dirty imo for onr to clean, that and im out of regular carsoap i guess i could have treated onr as such but at the time it seemed like this was the better idea

6. badmatt

badmatt Birth of a Detailer

hat eagle tire cleaner is good stuff works amazing! and that hood 50/50 is insane! wicked detail!