Winter LSP: your choice.

Discussion in 'Last Steps: Waxes, Sealants, and Coatings' started by supercharged, Oct 1, 2010.

1. supercharged

supercharged DB Forum Supporter

Just wondering what's everyone planning to be using as their winter LSP...I wanna try DIFFERENT combos on different cars, and was even thinking about BHAB as a winter sealant, which I never used before...Tight beading action is a must, and so is durability...
    Anyone planning on using super durable sealants, such as Optimum Poli-Coat, Nanolex, Gtechniq, or Aquartz/Cquartz? What's your plan of action?

2. Rennes

Rennes Jedi Nuba

always used Zaino. Z5 first, then 3 coats of Z2 + ZFX. SUPER durable.

3. Reflect

Reflect DB Forum Supporter

2 coats of 845 and then I'm done. I give much respect to all of those super-coatings, but I'd lose my mind if I couldn't strip and put a fresh coat of something on once in a while.

4. DieselMDX

DieselMDX Obsessive Detailer

changing between 845/zaino/megs 16

5. GDAL

GDAL Guest

I'm planning on DG601/DG105/Colli 845 on my car. The wifey's SUV is getting a (2) of Colli 845 and a layer of RG55.

I might change my plans though ... LOL

6. pektel

pektel DB Forum Supporter

845. /thread.

7. Upper Class Detailing

Upper Class Detailing DB Pro Supporter

2 coats of MPL and 2 coats of Colli 845

8. Handz

Handz Obsessive Detailer

I live in Cali, So my Summer LSP and my Winter LSP are all the same lol

9. lasthope05

lasthope05 Jedi Nuba

Just 2 coats of 1000p and I'm good to go.

10. infinity

infinity Any Rag Vehicle Washer

Same all year round sealant topped with a nuba

11. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

I'm going to try BH Finis wax on one car and DP poli Coaton another

12. christian900se

christian900se Obsessive Detailer

Haha, same here. I normally just use Collinite 915 on the Z since it is surprisingly durable, looks great on metallics, and has great beading. I have Gtechniq C1 on order as well as Cquartz but Gtechniq has been trying to ship my order twice and something happened in shipping both times.

13. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Two layers of Power Lock topped with Insignis...

14. Chas

Chas DB Forum Supporter

I may go with 2 layers of Prima Epic and see how its holds up. Its doin great so far after 2 months and only one layer.

15. dankfanatic

dankfanatic Guest

cali winters aren't too harsh, lol. i just got atlantique so i'll prob try that.

16. Andy Vo

Andy Vo Virgin Detailer

Utah winters are not very kind due to the salt on the roads. Last year I used a coat of polymer sealant from P&S and a layer of 845. It held up very nicely. I think this year I will try powerlock.

17. Emile

Emile Welcome to Detailing

I'm planning on running my current setup of Dodo NFS Cleaner Wax + several coats of Fuzion + BF Spray Sealant (w/Polycharger) until December, adding two or three more coats of Fuzion every month until end of December when the weather really gets bad.

Then I plan on switching to BF Wet Diamond Gloss Enhancing Polish (cleaner-glaze), 2x BF All Finish Paint Protection w/CH2 Polycharger, topped and maintained with Optimum Car Wax. This should work just great from December through March.

In the bad winter months, it's more important to stay on top of frequent car washes than to look for the most insane durability around. Two coats of any decent sealant will get the job done when it comes to winter protection unless you are in Colorado or Utah where it snows balls every other day.

18. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes DB Forum Supporter

2 layers of 845. Can't beat it.

19. Denzil

Denzil Guest

I'm in Cali so it isn't all that bad but I really do like using 845 or Meg's #16.

20. stingray23

stingray23 Jedi Nuba

a couple more coats of BF All Finish Paint Protection w/CH2 Polycharger on the Z06 before storage for the winter and another 2 coats of BF AFPP on the M3.