Winter detailing on my Alfa Romeo GT (10 high def

Discussion in 'Show and Shine' started by emmanuelv, Dec 24, 2008.

1. emmanuelv

emmanuelv Virgin Detailer

Hi everyone,

I had two holidays days, so I tried to refresh my daily drive, an Alfa Romeo 2.0 JTS which is now in its 4th year.

Products/accessories used :

• Presoak : Chemical Guys Strong Wash (1:32), Autoglym Insect Remover, Gardena pre-pressure sprayer, Gardena hose.
    • Wheels : Poorboys Spray & Rinse, EZ-Detail Brush, Swissvax Wheel Brush, Gardena hose, industrial tissues, Chemical Guys Wheel Guard.
    • Wash : Duragloss 901 Car Wash Concentrate, two buckets, white SHMiTT, Autoglym Flexi Water Blade, Chemical Guys Miracle Dryer.
    • Clay : Meguiar's white clay, Optimum No Rinse (1:64), SonĂ¼s Der Wunder Drying Towel.
    • Polish : 3M blue tape, Car-Lack68 All-In-One, Wolfgang german applicator, Dodo Juice Fantastic Fur microfiber.
    • Glaze : Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant, Wolfgang german applicator, Dodo Juice Fantastic Fur microfiber.
    • Exterior windows : Autoglym Car Glass Polish, Dodo Juice Mint Merkin Waffle Weave microfibers.
    • Wax : Autoglym High Definition Wax, dedicated applicator, Fidelity microfiber.
    • Trim : Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel, disposable microfiber.
    • Exhaust : Belgom Alu, disposable microfiber.
    • Grille : Belgom Chrome, disposable microfiber.
    • Tyres : Savon d'Or, black SHMiTT, Zaino Z-16 Perfect Tyre Dressing, disposable sponge.
    • QD : Valetpro Citrus Bling (1:8), Poorboys Deluxe Mega-Mega Plush Towel.

The result :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking :)

2. Buddy

Buddy Getting to know Detailing

very nice car for a daily driver. I really like the factory wheels. You did a great job. What is the name of the color...:thumb:

3. bigpoppa

bigpoppa Jedi Nuba

Nice ride!! I sure wish we could get those in the US. :(

Good job cleaning the inside of those PITA rims.

4. slanguage

slanguage OD On Detailing

Looks good. Nice color too!

What is Savon d'Or?

5. emmanuelv

Thanks for your posts :)

The color code is "Jarama Black". It is not a deep, piano-like black I'm afraid.

Savon d'Or is a semi-liquid, gel-like natural soap that our mothers or grandmothers used to wash floors. It is very cheap and if used with a brush on tire sidewalls, gives a very efficient cleaning.

6. 911Fanatic

911Fanatic DB Pro Supporter

Very nice! Looks wet!

7. Nica

Nica Banned

Oooh nice vehicle, lovely colour...just curious got any pictures of the interior. I noticed the colour of the leather and I really like that colour. I'd love to see the interior, dosen't matter if it's detailed or not I'd just like to see it.

Job well done :thumb:

8. krshultz

krshultz Nuba Guru

What a gorgeous car.

<-- fingers crossed that Alfa will return to the US one day

9. Denzil

Denzil Guest

That is a very nice Alfa!

10. zoomzoom mazda5

zoomzoom mazda5 Wax on..Wax off

Great job in getting your ride ready for winter, love Alfa's, wish they return here in the states. Would like to see the interior like Nica said...........:headbang:

11. J BELL

J BELL Nuba Guru

I love these cars, what a great color too...nice detail..do you find the Autoglym wax that durable?

12. sal329

sal329 Nuba Guru

Sweet ride, great job

13. rwisejr

rwisejr DB Forum Supporter

very beautiful car there.It looks nice and wet !!!

14. emmanuelv

Thank you for the very nice comments :cig:

Here are two older shots of the interior -- sorry, nothing better right now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. P1et

P1et Official DB Moderator

Goed om andere Belgen op dit forum te zien, prachtige Alfa Romeo! Waar koop je meestal je produkten?

16. Nica

Nica Banned

wow the interior looks great, I like the colour of the leather :druling:

Gorgeous vehicle..hey I just noticed the steering wheel is on the left side? Shouldn't it be on the right? :shead:

Any thank you for the interior pictures :thumb:

17. Calgarydetail

Calgarydetail Getting to know Detailing

it already has, they launched a car 2yeasrs ago now i think at meadowbrook, a friend of mine was invited to go. The only thing is the production limit was sold that day. but they have reintroduced the car to the americain market, i guess we just need to wait to actually see them on the roads

back t o the topic at hand, not job on the car

18. kaval

kaval Two Bucket System Washer

Excellent job! I love the colour of the exterior, and interior. Must be very comfortable!